Hello everyone, welcome to my inspiration post!! I’m Berina here, showing you how I watercolored a pear.
Here’s the card that I made with the Pear from the Sun Ripened Pear stamp set.
This is a CAS card and I wanted the watercolored pear to steal the spotlight.
Here’s how I made it:
- I stamped the Pear on watercolor paper, using Distress Ink Squeezed Lemonade, for no-line coloring.
- I squished the Distress Ink – Squeezed Lemonade on to an acrylic block, picked it with a wet brush and colored areas of the pear where I wanted the highlights. Then I used Distress Ink – Crushed Olives in the same way to color the remaining areas, using a watered down version for lighter areas and without much water for darker areas. I also added a few dots in a slightly darker color to make the pear look more realistic.
- I colored the the stem with Distress Ink – Gathered Twigs, in the same way using a wet brush.
- I colored the leaves using Distress Ink – Crushed Olives for the veins and Bundled Sage and Peeled Paint for the leaves.
- I used Distress Ink – Black soot mixed with lot of water to add the shadow below the pear.
- I stamped the sentiment ‘thank You’ from the same stamp set, using Hero Arts black ink.
- I took a top-folding A2 card base and inked the edges with Distress Ink – Crushed Olives. Then I adhered the water colored panel onto the card base with double sided adhesive tape.
I wanted this card to be clean and simple and let the water colored pear be the star.
I hope you will be inspired by this tutorial. Please do share your creations with us.
Thank you for stopping by. Have a great day.
[All supplies are linked to multiple sources in the thumbnails below. Compensated affiliate links are used at no cost to you. It’s just a way to offer you a complete supply list of all the products that I use and to help you create today’s card from start to finish.]