Happy Friday! Many of you have taken advantage of the super sale this week! This week (till 2.19) only, spend $25 and we will send you the Love Sentiment Die Free. Spend $50 and you will receive the Love Die, Blessed stamp set and Free Shipping! Now here is Berina sharing two lovely cards using our Blessed Stamp Set…
Here’s how I made it:
- I took a white card panel and stamped it the 2 butterflies from the Australian Nature I stamp set using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, as I will be using Copic markers.
- I cut the panel into 2 and colored them with Copics. I’m not an expert in Copic coloring, but I’ll share how I colored these butterflies. I started with the darkest color, which is BG49 in this case on the inside edge and the outside edge of the butterfly wings.
- Then I used BG15 to blend in some of the dark color and also extend the color towards the center.
- Now I used BG13 to blend in and extend the color towards the center.
- I used BG11 to blend it all in and fill the remaining part of the wings.
- In the same way I colored all the butterflies.
- I colored the other half of the stamped panel with green using G99, YG67, YG63 and YG03.
- I took card panels of teal and green color and stamped the sentiment ‘So Very Blessed’ from the Blessed Stamp set. I used Hero Arts black ink for stamping. Yup! I forgot to stamp before I added the bow on the teal card.
- Now for making the bow, I use my fingers as the bow maker 😉 I’m making a bow with 2 loops. So I wrapped the ribbon twice around my fingers starting from the center and ending at the center, leaving a tail at both ends.
- I tied a knot with the tails in the center, while still holding the loops around my finger. If I’m not successful at getting a beautiful knot, I use a brad to hold the loops, like in my other bow.
- I removed the bow from my fingers and fluffed up the loops.
- Now, I cut a strip of ribbon slightly larger than the width of my card panel and adhered the ends to the back of my card panel with tape.
- I fluffed up the loops of the bow and added double-sided tape to the back side of the bow, so the loops stay like that even when it’s being mailed. I also added a strip of double-sided tape on the ribbon (on the card panel) to make it look like the bow was tied exactly on the spot 😉
- Then I adhered the bow on the ribbon with all the double-sided tape.
- Now I also adhered the butterfly panels on to the respective colored card panels.
- I mounted both panels onto white card bases and added a few sequins from the Valentine’s day sequins. I added pink sequins on green and iridescent heart sequins on teal.
Here’s another look at both the cards.
I hope you like these cards. Thanks for stopping by. Let me know if you liked the card and the tutorial.
Have a great day!
[All supplies are linked to multiple sources in the thumbnails at the end of this post. Compensated affiliate links used at no cost to you. It’s just a way to offer you a complete supply list of all the products that I use and to help you create today’s card from start to finish. You can check out our disclosure here]