Hi Everyone, before we begin today’s tutorial. Just a gentle reminder to leave a comment on this post for a chance to win a tropical stamp set! Winner will be announced on Friday the 15th
Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my new small tutorial made for Inspired by Stamping!
This time I made a card with my own background cardstock design and this design was made with inks, self made stencil and IBS circle stamps.
So here it is and please feel free to make your own interpretation of my technique.
- Make your own circles stencil using thick cardstock and some punches or circle dies. I used Die Versions Nested Circles dies as they were just on the table.
- Use your self made stencil with dye inks (Gina K. and Stampin’ Up) and make the random pattern with mini ink blending tool (Ranger). I used 4different foams for each color and just keep them for your next blending adventure.
- Mist the circled background with water and wait to see some spots over the circles. Let it dry!
- Mist the dry background piece with golden mist (Tattered Angels). Again- let it DRY!
- Cut the background cardstock to your card desired size and then use the very same inks and stamp Inspired by Stamping Polka Dots over the background as shown.
- Die cut black cardstock base with Elisabeth crafts Stitched rectangles and then use the second largest die to die cut your stamped background.
- Stamp the sentiment with IBS Hello set, black pigmented ink (Clearsnap) and heat emboss it with clear embossing powder. I stamped over the very same water color cardstock as I am going to mist it in a few seconds.
- Use the smaller dies from the previous rectangles die set and make one black matting and then die cut the stamped sentiment. Mist the sentiment with the same golden mist and let it dry.
- Arrange the finished card using the black base, die cut background and the sentiment. Add silk flowers, 2 pieces of washi tape and some black sequins. (All embellishments are from my old non branded personal stash).
[All supplies are linked to multiple sources in the thumbnails at the end of this post. Compensated affiliate links used at no cost to you. It’s just a way to offer you a complete supply list of all the products that I use and to help you create today’s card from start to finish.]
Stitched rectangles by Elisabeth Crafts
Gina K., Clearsnap and Stampin’ Up
Other- flowers, washi tape and sequins