Welcome to our last day of our April Release. We hope you’ve felt inspired with all the lovely cards by our designers this week. If you are just joining us, you can visit day 1 here.
Today we are introducing Plumerias stamp set, also known as frangipani in Australia. One of my most favorite summer flowers while living there. This is a 4×6 size stamp set filled with 6 unique sentiments, one extra-large floral image and a little image too.
We also have a cut file that coordinates perfectly with this set for super easy cutting with any cutting machine. For more details click here.
My first card today showcases how you can create a simple card with a huge punch. Here’s a few tips…
- For this card, I am using some thick cardstock. It is 250gsm or 110lbs, most crafty stores carry this. Why you may ask? Because I watercolored on it. 🙂
- To begin, grab your Versamark and stamp the top image.
- For my watercoloring, I used Winsor Newton watercolors.
- The key here, is to not use a lot of water. So you are basically dry brushing, using minimum water with the colors onto the cardstock.
- After watercoloring the images and allowing it to dry, I then used Memento Black Ink to add this sentiment.
- Finally, I added some sequins to give my card a little extra sparkle to it.
My second card using the same technique as above with watercoloring on cardstock. I love this technique because it showcases that you don’t have to use high in watercolor paper to get a great look on your cards.
- I stamped my image using Black Memento ink. To set the ink, I used a heat gun for about 10 seconds.
- I then colored the image using my watercolors as mentioned above.
- Washi Tape was used to create these two beautiful stripes. I also used some gold and white twine.
- Big Wonderful stamp set was used for this sentiments. I then cut out a separate sentiment and used dimensionals to float the image above my twine.
I hope that you have enjoyed today’s inspirational cards! Now let’s take a peek at what our designers have created.
It’s time for today’s giveaway!
Would you like to win the Plumeria stamp set?
Just leave a comment below by Friday April 22nd to enter. I will select one random winner from all the comments below. Winner will be posted on our Winners page by Friday April 22nd.
I will be back tomorrow with our recap day, new product release and our winners from this week! See you then! Good luck and thanks for sharing the excitement with us.