Welcome to Day 2 of our April Release! If you missed yesterday please click here. Each day we are giving away today’s new stamp set so make sure you leave a comment today and everyday for a chance to win new product.
Today’s stamp set is perfect for this beautiful Springtime weather and the beautiful magnolias that are blooming everywhere. While drawing this set, I wanted something that would be fun to watercolor or color with pencil. I’ve left out the little details so that you can add your own details or leave it simple. There are also mix and match Spring sentiments that are extra-large and can be used on their own. We also have a cut file for .99c that is shown below.
Today, I am sharing two watercolor cards using our new Magnolias set. Let’s begin with a few tips with this pink magnolia.
- I am using Arches smooth watercolor paper, I LOVE the softness and the quality of this paper. I am no way getting paid to say this but I think this paper is the best I have found so far in watercoloring floral images.
- To begin, stamp the image with Versamark. Yep, that’s right. Versamark leaves a no line image. The key here, is to use a good light so that you can see the image while coloring. I am using an older versamark that is slightly dirty and I am able to see a bit better. It works and I have done it on a few other cards that you will see this week.
- For more information on how I watercolor, join on newsletter classroom. Classes will be starting up soon again. You can click here to sign up and an email will be sent to you with the current password. Then you can watch ALL the classes we have in our classroom.
- After the watercoloring, I stamped the new You Are stamp set across the magnolia. I also added “loved” to the end.
- For some added dimension, I then wrapped gold and cream twine around the card and also added some white sequins.
My second card uses the same technique but I am used Antique Linen distress ink instead. Here’s how I put together my card.
- Begin by stamping your image with Antique Linen. If you ink pad is juicy, simply stamp on a scrap piece of paper and then stamp your image. This will make your image very light and your purple colors won’t fight with the antique linen color.
- Always begin when watercoloring with your darker colors and then work your way to the lighter ones.
- After all the watercolors are dried, go over it with a number 0 brush and add some fine line details to your flower.
- Stamp your sentiment on a separate piece of paper and then adhere it with foam dimensionals.
- This ribbon is part of our Spring Ribbon Collection in a very light lilac color.
I hope that you have enjoyed today’s inspirational cards! Now let’s take a peek at what our designers have created.
It’s time for today’s giveaway!
Would you like to win the Magnolias stamp set?
Just leave a comment below by Friday April 22nd to enter. I will select one random winner from all the comments below. Winner will be posted on our Winners page by Friday April 23rd.
I will be back tomorrow as we introduce our new and super fun Flamingos stamp set along with more chances to win, so be sure to stop on by. Good luck and thanks for sharing the excitement with us.