Welcome to a new tutorial week! Today, Irit from Irit Shalom Designs is sharing a great tutorial on how to make your own fancy embellishments! Before we begin, let’s announce the winner from our Color Blocking Tutorial!
The winner is…..
Congratulations Vikki! You have won free shipping to our store! Please email us firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize!
Inspired by Stamping
Make your own fancy embellishments
This is a tutorial that was born for a sentiment use. Really. I’ve seen this new IBS sentiment about friends that are like stars and decided to make my own fancy stars to fit this sentiment.
1. Die cut a double sided glue sheet with star dies. (I used Sizzix die as this is the only star die in my stash, but you are welcome to use any stars dies you own).I made a couple of cuts as I wanted some doubles for this project.
2. Peel the upper glossy paper and add some pearls over the adhesive star surface. Pick your colors or follow mine- the sky is a limit.
3. Sprinkle blue/teal glitter over your embellished with pearls stars. The adhesive is just great for single coverage of glitter in between the pearls. As this adhesive is very tacky, you don’t need any sealer over the glitter.
4. The largest star was to big to embellish with pearls as I was almost out of them, so I just added some very delicate fine white glitter and then embellished this star with just a few single pearls.
5. For the final project I stamped this Friends sentiment and glued the stars with the second adhesive side directly over the card base.
As you can see this technique can be used with any solid die cut shape, such as a bird, a sun, a flower etc. Try it! You can use Dew Drops and pearls or to use the very cheap kids glitter. Just pick your favorite IBS sentiment and find the proper dies to fit it.
If you are joining along this week, here are all the details…
This week’s prize is Free Shipping To Our Store with any purchase!
* Create a project, layout or card using the above technique!*
* Please upload your card/project to your blog or online gallery. Leave a link to your project using the linky widget at the bottom of this post. When uploading to online galleries please add WHW # 134 to your post.
* We ask that you link back to our challenge.
* Don’t have a blog or online gallery? That’s o.k. we’d still love for you to join us! Please email me your project at email@example.com And I will add your project to the contest!
* DEADLINE: April 23rd @ 2pm AEST (Brisbane, Australia)
* At this time ALL products (stamps, paper, dies) are welcomed with our challenge. You do not have to incorporate an IBS stamp set, die, ribbon or flowers.
* One winner will be randomly chosen & will be featured on our blog.
*You may enter as many times as you wish, but please only enter newly created projects.