Hello friends! I have a fun and very easy technique to share with you today called color blocking. It’s actually the first time I’ve used it myself and I was very happy with the pretty results. Let’s get started!
The first thing you’ll want to select for the technique I am showing you is a large, lined image. I am using the gorgeous new Sweet Peas set. Next you’ll want to choose 3 different shades of cardstock. Be sure to choose the same weight cardstock so that you can ensure an even stamped image. I measured out how large I would need my strips to be to have the image cover them as well as have them be the exact same size so that your image is even “colored”. For this image my blocks are cut to 1 1/2″x 3 3/4″.
To keep your cardstock blocks from shifting while stamping turn them over and adhere them together with some tape. I used some washi tape but scotch tape would work just as well. (note: my cardstock colors are a bit different as I used double sided ones.)
After you have your blocks together, flip it back over and make sure your stamp will fit nicely across your blocks. Here is the large Sweet Pea image layed on top of my blocks before stamping. This way you can gauge where to line up your stamp so that all parts are colored by the cardstock.
Finally take your pretty color blocked image and create a project! For my card I also pulled out Vintage Bannersand a piece of patterned paper from Vintage Floral.
I hope you’ll give this technique a try! Thanks so much for joining me and have a beautiful day.
If you are joining along this week, here are all the details…
This week’s prize is Free Shipping To Our Store with any purchase!
* Create a project, layout or card using the above technique!*
* Please upload your card/project to your blog or online gallery. Leave a link to your project using the linky widget at the bottom of this post. When uploading to online galleries please add WHW # 133 to your post.
* We ask that you link back to our challenge.
* Don’t have a blog or online gallery? That’s o.k. we’d still love for you to join us! Please email me your project at firstname.lastname@example.org And I will add your project to the contest!
* DEADLINE: April 16th @ 2pm AEST (Brisbane, Australia)
* At this time ALL products (stamps, paper, dies) are welcomed with our challenge. You do not have to incorporate an IBS stamp set, die, ribbon or flowers.
* One winner will be randomly chosen & will be featured on our blog.
*You may enter as many times as you wish, but please only enter newly created projects for
* PLEASE REMEMBER…If you do create a card using IBS products, your card may be featured on our Facebook Page & Pinned to our “Inspiring Designs by Customers” Board.