Hello crafty friends! Today I want to share a tutorial with you on one way you can utilize the negative space portion, or cut out portion of your dies. I’ll be showing you how you can create a frame using this technique. Let’s get started!
For my card I chose to work with the gorgeous Spring Lilacs Stamp set. I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the die for the lilac and butterflies. After stamping I colored them with Copic markers. The banner and my sentiment comes from the A Lovely Birthday set and the little banners in the top left corner are from Whimsical Banners. I finished everything off with a die cut border, pearls and in the middle of the flowers some glossy accents with a bit of clear glitter. I hope you enjoyed today’s tutorial and I can’t wait to see what you create! Have a wonderful day.
If you are joining along this week, here are all the details…
This week’s prize is Free Shipping To Our Store with any purchase!
* Create a project, layout or card using the above technique!*
* Please upload your card/project to your blog or online gallery. Leave a link to your project using the linky widget at the bottom of this post. When uploading to online galleries please add WHW #129 to your post.
* We ask that you link back to our challenge.
* Don’t have a blog or online gallery? That’s o.k. we’d still love for you to join us! Please email me your project at firstname.lastname@example.org And I will add your project to the contest!
* DEADLINE: March 5th, 2pm AEST (Brisbane, Australia)
* At this time ALL products (stamps, paper, dies) are welcomed with our challenge. You do not have to incorporate an IBS stamp set, die, ribbon or flowers.
* One winner will be randomly chosen & will be featured on our blog.
*You may enter as many times as you wish, but please only enter newly created projects for
* PLEASE REMEMBER…If you do create a card using IBS products, your card may be featured on our Facebook Page & Pinned to our “Inspiring Designs by Customers” Board.[inlinkz_linkup id=374398 mode=1]