Welcome to a new WHW Tutorial. Today, Irit is sharing with us a Triple Technical Tutorial. It is such a neat tutorial that we know that you are going to love. So grab your crafty supplies and let’s create!
Hello my dear crafty friends!
Today I am going to show you a tutorial with not one, not two, but three techniques and believe me, it would not be a long project to make after all.
So here we go- my TRIPLE TECHNICAL TUTORIAL made for IBS stamp company I begin to design for my third year.
1. Dry emboss a piece of thin metal sheet with your favorite embossing folder (I used Cuttelbug art deco frame).
2. Cover the outer part with Clear embossing ink and add some black embossing powder (I used one with some silver glitter inside)
Unfortunately I didn’t take a photo of a finished frame only, but you will see the lovely embossed effect over the finished piece. Or just scroll down to see it now…
3. Now let’s make the inner frame with Faux Cloisonné technique. First make your own chipboard frame or find a frame that fits the inside part of your outer embossed piece. I made mine in seconds, so you can do it too. Now grab your Clear embossing ink and black Ultra thick embossing powder (UTEE or any other company)
Cover the chipboard with a thick ink layer; add powder and heat emboss it. Make it all around and with several layers until you get this result
4. Now grab some Pearl Ex powders (you can use Perfect pearls too or any other kind of pearl pigments you own). Cover the COLD frame with a mix of not more then 3 colors.
5. Now the fun begins. You need to work over small parts of your frame and to be fairly fast!
Heat one frame side and stamp your border stamp into a hot border. Let it cool and repeat this step all over the frame. The good thing is that if you made a mistake or don’t like the stamped borders, you can reheat the frame and to make it over.
6. Now for the inner part. Stamp your sentiment over the white thick cardstock with permanent ink only! Mist over the stamped sentiment with a similar to your frame color and let it dry.
Cover your dry misted inner card with a thick layer of clear embossing powder and heat embosses it over the sentiment.
Arrange your entire project and enjoy it!
If you are joining along this week, here are all the details…
* Create a project, layout or card using the above technique!*
* Please upload your card/project to your blog or online gallery. Leave a link to your project using the linky widget at the bottom of this post. When uploading to online galleries please add WHW #127 to your post.
* To be eligible for this week’s blog candy prize we ask that you link back to our challenge.
* Don’t have a blog or online gallery? That’s o.k. we’d still love for you to join us! Please email me your project at email@example.com And I will add your project to the contest!
* DEADLINE: January 29th, 2pm AEST (Brisbane, Australia)
* At this time ALL products (stamps, paper, dies) are welcomed with our challenge. You do not have to incorporate an IBS stamp set, die, ribbon or flowers.
* One winner will be randomly chosen & will be featured on our blog.
*You may enter as many times as you wish, but please only enter newly created projects for
* PLEASE REMEMBER…If you do create a card using IBS products, your card may be featured on our Facebook Page & Pinned to our “Inspiring Designs by Customers” Board.