Hello crafty friends. I have been away from my blog longer then expected this year. With family and friends coming over the last few weeks, I honestly don’t know how we did it all. It was a beautiful time but a busy one with a sigh of relief at the end. I literally woke up this weekend and realized that there wasn’t anything to do, no where to go and nothing to cook. Wow! What a great feeling!

On a personal note, during Christmas break I went to the dentist for a yucky toothache. The side of my face started to swell up like a chipmunk and I was in a lot of pain. I have a horrible infection in one of my molars. The dentist packed my tooth with antibiotics and I go back to the dentist on the 9th for a root canal. Sad smile I am in a lot of pain and feel horrible. Every step I take seems to make my mouth hurt. So I have fallen behind with all my work and crafty things. This is sooo not like me as I literally bounce off the wall with energy everyday.

With that said, I have not announced the design team yet. We have had an amazing outturn of designers applying. I did not realize that there were so many talented designers and the process has taken me way longer than I thought. I appreciate and cannot thank you enough for the love, support, kind words and inspiration that you have sent us. We typically write personal notes to each of the designers but this year unfortunately with over 75 applicants we will only be announcing the new designers on our blog. I hope to have this done by next week.

This year my husband turned a big 40. Instead of having a birthday party or going away on a trip we decided to purchase a boat. Wow! What a decision. We travelled along the Great Barrier Reef for a few days and took out family members to go snorkeling. Here are a few photos of our trip. I hope you enjoy them.

DSCF5081 copy

Whitehaven Beach, Queensland

DSCF5012 copy

DSCF4990 copy

DSCF4883 copy

DSCF4994

Me and the kids snorkeling!

DSCF4963 copy

We will be back later today with a few of our January release items! It is going to be a great 2014! Can’t wait to share!

IBS-Joanna-Munster

12 thoughts on “A Little Personal Note…

1. Liz O says:

I have certainly missed your posts, but totally understand, family comes first 🙂 I am sorry to learn you have been experiencing such pain, I wish you a prompt recovery after your surgery. Thank you for sharing your pictures they are lovely, What a great investment, now you can enjoy the reef better and we get to experience its beauty through your pictures 😉 I hope I get to visit Australia one day! It looks like you’ve had a nice family time! Love the new release format! Cheers to a successful and happy year!

2. Karen Hawkins says:

Hi Joanna, here’s wishing you a quick recovery from your tooth surgery, I know, it’s a horrible pain and it has reduced me to tears on occasion. The upside is when they finish doing the route canal, you won’t feel a thing and the pain will be a memory! Hugs, Loved your snapshots, fabulous photography! Also loving your new release, and hoping for some blue schemed paper pads in both our futures! I have lots of apricots and purply colours but find blues hard to get a hold of. Hugs!

3. Paulette M says:

I’ve…. missed…..you…. ! You’ve shared such good news about a special birthday, holidays, underwater adventures and beautiful new releases but then to find out that a tooth has had you down & out… As a former dental assistant (and professional hand-holder) know that it will get better and you’ll have a new appreciation for wellness! I really like your new format and products – you’re always growing! Be good to yourself and heal. We’ll be here, cheering you on!

4. Lindsay Ettlinger says:

Sorry to hear you have not been well Joanna! Wonderful photos – it is very beautiful there!

5. Kylie says:

I hope you feel better soon, Joanna! I think that toothaches are the worst pain apart from childbirth!! Your photos are beautiful. I will look at going to the Barrier reef at some point. You have made me want to go sooner rather than later lol. Take care xx

6. Cheryl Wright says:

So sorry to hear about your toothache and infection, Joanna. Toothache is not fun!

Awesome pics – looks like you all had fun. One of these days I want to visit the Great Barrier Reef – it seems so beautiful in pics and on the tv, and I want to experience it for myself!

WOW, you had a lot of submissions – way more than I’d expected. Waiting in anticipation of your decision soon!

7. Nan Cislowski says:

I love the way the sand squeaks under your feet at Whitehaven. The photo brought good memories back for me. Hope you are doing better.

8. Judy says:

Toothaches are awful! I sympathize with you, but the root canal should take care of it. You will have wonderful memories with the boat and your pictures are awesome. White sandy beach is to die for.

9. Marianne Grimbly says:

I knew there had to be some kind of emergency going on. It just didn’t seem like you to not be posting. I hope you’re feeling better soon…I think we’ve all been there with the severe toothache and know how uncomfortable and frustrating that can be. I think all of us can now relax a bit knowing that your decision is just going to be a little later. Oh and your vacation pictures were amazing. What beautiful, beautiful beaches you have.