Welcome to my tutorial for this week’s Whoo Hoo Wednesday! This week, our Contest theme is “Fall/Autumn”.
To create my autumn card, I used some leaves from the Happy Fall set. On a piece of mustard yellow cardstock, a medium-sized oak leaf was stamped in a regular pattern.
Using a tiny maple leaf, fill in the areas between the larger oak leaves.
I love to stamp on patterned paper. I picked a green striped design and stamped tiny oak leaves and larger dotted maple leaves in a leafy green shade.
The two pieces of stamped papers were assembled onto a card front. I grabbed some Scallop Border Crochet Trim to cover the seam where the papers meet. All –purpose, water soluble craft glue is my go-to adhesive for this sort of thing.
Twine is one of my favorite fibers, and reminds me of the rustic beauty of Autumn. I wrapped the twine several times around my fingers to create a multi-looped bow.
Wrap the twine several times around the card front and tie a knot. Lay the looped bow on top of the knot, and secure with another piece of twine.
On a scrap piece of white cardstock, stamp a polka-dot maple leaf, trim, and distress the edges with ink.
In the next two pictures, I am sharing my method of securing bows once they are tied on to a card.
Squeeze a bit of glue onto a piece of skinny cardstock (I always find many of these in my craftroom trash can).
Slide this under the center of the bow and wipe onto the knot. Gently place bow back down and press for a few moments with your finger.
Forgive me for skipping a step, sort of. I layered some awesome leaves from IBS along the edge of the Crochet Lace. Then the little dotted maple was placed on top. In fact, when the card was complete, it still needed a little somethin’, so I added one more stamped leaf from Happy Fall, and gems, too.
To balance the cluster of leaves, I added a framed sentiment from Cherish. Ta-da! It’s finished. Thank you so much for checking out my tutorial!
If you are joining along this week, here are all the details…
* Create a project, layout or card using the above technique!*
* Please upload your card/project to your blog or online gallery. Leave a link to your project using the linky widget at the bottom of this post. When uploading to online galleries please add WHW #116 to your post.
* To be eligible for this week’s prize we ask that you link back to our challenge.
* Don’t have a blog or online gallery? That’s o.k. we’d still love for you to join us! Please email me your project at email@example.com And I will add your project to the contest!
* DEADLINE: September 25th, 2pm AEST (Brisbane, Australia) or 11:59pm September 24th EST
* At this time ALL products (stamps, paper, dies) are welcomed with our challenge. You do not have to incorporate an IBS stamp set, die, ribbon or flowers.
* One winner will be randomly chosen & will be featured on our blog.
*You may enter as many times as you wish, but please only enter newly created projects for submission (no back-dated projects that have been previously posted on your blog).
The Winner will receive a 4×4 stamp set of their choice from the Inspired by Stamping Store!
* PLEASE REMEMBER…If you do create a card using IBS products, your card may be featured on our Facebook Page & Pinned to our “Inspiring Designs by Customers” Board.
Good luck to everyone! We are so excited to see your creations!
UPDATED FOR WINNER!