Welcome to WHW! This week the talented Irit is sharing a great tutorial with us! Enjoy! Hugs, Joanna
My Paris Love Tutorial
by Irit Shalom
This small tutorial is an example of Mixed Media project made over wood with no paper at all. All you need to make this project is a wooden shape, some stamps, one single stencil, gesso, some chipboards and a lot of patience. Due the long drying time this project is easy, but not so short.
Here we go!
Take your wooden heart and make some grid pencil lines. It’s really free hand lines, your choice. And that’s what it looks:
Take some leftover cardstock and make a kind of a mask that leaves one single grid spot uncovered.
Cover this wooden spot with a stencil and add white gesso over it. Let it dry for an hour or so.
Repeat step 1 and 2 for another part of the heart, using another part of the stencil
This is how it looks now
Step 4: Stamp the background stamps here and there over the uncovered parts, using black pigmented ink and clear embossing powder over it.
Step 6: Mist all piece with a mix of mists. Add a bit of red embossing powder on one of the parts (I added over the upper right corner)
Step 7: Using Octagon small stamps add stamped background over your small chipboard pieces with die black ink. Cover them with Glossy Accents and glue over the finished piece. Add a silver heart button on the corner covered with some gold glitter glue. Cover a few small chipboard butterflies with the same gold glitter glue and some with red glitter glue and glue them randomly over your art piece.
If you are joining along this week, here are all the details…
* Create a 3D project or Card using the above technique!*
* Please upload your card/project to your blog or online gallery. Leave a link to your project using the linky widget at the bottom of this post. When uploading to online galleries please add WHW #115 to your post.
* To be eligible for this week’s prize we ask that you link back to our challenge.
* Don’t have a blog or online gallery? That’s o.k. we’d still love for you to join us! Please email me your project at firstname.lastname@example.org And I will add your project to the contest!
* DEADLINE: September 4th, 2pm AEST (Brisbane, Australia) or 11:59pm September 3rd EST
* At this time ALL products (stamps, paper, dies) are welcomed with our challenge. You do not have to incorporate an IBS stamp set, die, ribbon or flowers.
* One winner will be randomly chosen & will be featured on our blog.
*You may enter as many times as you wish, but please only enter newly created projects for submission (no back-dated projects that have been previously posted on your blog).
The Winner will receive a 4×4 stamp set of their choice from the Inspired by Stamping Store!
* PLEASE REMEMBER…If you do create a card using IBS products, your card may be featured on our Facebook Page & Pinned to our “Inspiring Designs by Customers” Board.
Good luck to everyone! We are so excited to see your creations!