I love to make flowers for my projects using paper and card but sometimes it’s good to try something different to add to your papercrafting. Today, I’m going to show you how to make fabric flowers that you could add to any project.
First up, choose which fabric you want to use, you could just use the same throughout but I chose five different patterns for a crazy patchwork look.
I cut five circles using a 6cm die but you could just draw around something circular and cut out with scissors. If you are using the thinner dies, a little tip to get a clean cut on fabric is to use a piece of copier paper over the fabric and die.
Fold each fabric circle in half.
then in half again, forming a cone shape.
Once you have all five folded, take a long piece of strong thread and fold in half so you will have a loop at the start of your first petal. Along the curved edge do a running stitch, leaving the loop so you can thread through at the end of your last petal.
Once you have threaded the five petals, take your needle and thread through the loop to anchor your stitching. Gently, start gathering your petals until they are all gathered into a petal shape, don’t pull to hard as your thread will break.
You will end up with a flower shape that looks like this, secure your thread and break off.
I glued a large button for the centre, you now have a finished fabric flower.
I used the Inspired by Stamping Cross Stitch stamp set to go with my crazy patchwork fabric flower.
Thanks for checking out my tutorial today!
Here are all the details…
* Create a card or project on your blog sharing with us a flower that you created!*
Please upload your card/project to your blog or online gallery. Leave a link to your project using the linky widget at the bottom of this post. When uploading to online galleries please add WHW #104 to your post.
* Don’t have a blog or online gallery? That’s o.k. we’d still love for you to join us! Please email me your project at firstname.lastname@example.org And I will add your project to the contest!
* DEADLINE: June 12th, 2pm Brisbane time or 11:59pm June 11th EST
* At this time ALL products (stamps, paper, dies) are welcomed with our challenge. You do not have to incorporate an IBS stamp set, die, ribbon or flowers.
* One winner will be randomly chosen & will be featured on my blog.
The Winner will receive a 2 packages of flowers of their choice from the Inspired by Stamping Store!
* PLEASE REMEMBER…If you do create a card using IBS products, your card may be featured on our Facebook Page & Pinned to our “Inspiring Designs by Customers” Board.
Good luck to everyone! We are so excited to see your creations!