Happy Wednesday! It is time for a new WHW tutorial! This week it is Leah Cornelius from Paper Blossoms sharing with us new ways to use your stamps! We hope you enjoy this week’s tutorial!
Hello! Leah from PaperBlossoms here and I am excited to share with you for this week’s Whoo Hoo Wednesday tutorial for Inspired By Stamping!
I love using my stamps just as they are designed, but I also love finding new and creative ways to use them which not only adds to the fun of stamping but makes your supplies go even farther. Can you spot which stamps were used in a new way?
In today’s tutorial I am going to show you how to use the tulip image from the Spring Blossoms set into a brand new flower and how a strip from the Washi Tape set can become a candle. Let’s get started!
First stamp the tulip image onto a piece of cardstock that is large enough to stamp 6 of the tulip images and so that you can trim it out. The left side of the tulip has a petal that is sticking out a bit, when stamping the image around in a circle I overlapped that part on top of the far right petal. Like this:
After you are done this is what your new flower will look like. To get more dimension I stamped two of these and colored them.
One of the flowers you will need to only color the inside flower section as shown on the left. The other flower is the bottom layer, so I colored the entire area.
After trimming both flowers out I worked the cardstock a bit to get the petals to bend upwards and glued them together finishing the center with a gem.
Now for the candle. I stamped the polka dot strip of washi tape in red.
Then I trimmed out the washi tape strip, cut the bottom edge straight and hand drew a raindrop shape for the flame, colored it and trimmed it out.
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and will look at your stamps a little differently now! Thank so much for joining me. 🙂
Here are all the details…
* Create a card or project on your blog sharing with us a new way of using your stamps. Or create a card/project with the above tutorial.
* Please upload your card/project to your blog or online gallery. Leave a link to your project using the linky widget at the bottom of this post. When uploading to online galleries please add WHW #99 to your post.
* Don’t have a blog or online gallery? That’s o.k. we’d still love for you to join us! Please email me your project at firstname.lastname@example.org And I will add your project to the contest!
* DEADLINE: May 8th, 2pm Brisbane time or 11:59pm May 7th EST
* At this time ALL products (stamps, paper, dies) are welcomed with our challenge. You do not have to incorporate an IBS stamp set, die, ribbon or flowers.
* One lucky winner will be randomly chosen & will be featured on my blog.
The winner will also receive a $15 Gift Card to the Inspired by Stamping Store!
* PLEASE REMBMER…If you do create a card using IBS products, your card may be featured on our Facebook Page & Pinned to our “Inspiring Designs by Customers” Board.
Good luck to everyone! We are so excited to see your creations!
Please Click On Mr Linky Face below to add your card!
UPDATED FOR WINNER!