Welcome to today’s tutorial! Deb, from A World of Imagination, has a great tutorial showing us how to stamp on canvas!
I love stamping on different mediums rather than sticking to just paper and card, so for this week’s, Whoo Hoo Wednesday, I’m stamping on canvas. Embroidery hoop art is very popular at the moment, so I will show you how I made my very simple decorative hoop.
I gathered all my materials, canvas, stamps, inks and fabric.
I stamped a variety of banners from the Whimsical Banner stamp set onto the canvas, using a water-based dye ink. I used a canvas that has a very close weave which stamped perfectly but do experiment with other inks too.
Cut a piece of fabric to the size of your hoop, I choose one with a variety of patterns but you could sew different fabrics together for the same effect.
I inked around the edge of the canvas banners to take away the stark white, then stitched some buttons on using a thin twine.
Arrange and pin your banners and stitch to fabric.
I then stamped a “I’ve got Sunshine on a cloudy day” from the Words of Inspiration set, I choose this one as it’s one of my favourite songs.
I inked the edges and stitched onto some Hessian, fraying the edges.
Here’s my finished hoop, I stitched some plain white cotton to the back of the fabric so you don’t see my messy stitching. If you put your finished piece into the hoop and tighten as much as you can, give it a pull to stretch the fabric tight, and then trim the excess fabric for a nice neat finish. Very simple with minimal sewing.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and that you will give stamping on canvas a go, it looks fabulous on cards, and you can colour, paint and spray it. Have fun!!!!!
Here are all the details…
* Create a card or project on your blog using the tutorial above. Please note that it does not have to be with our die. You can use other dies to create a card.
* Please upload your card/project to your blog or online gallery. Leave a link to your project using the linky widget at the bottom of this post. When uploading to online galleries please add WHW #97 to your post.
* Don’t have a blog or online gallery? That’s o.k. we’d still love for you to join us! Please email me your project at firstname.lastname@example.org And I will add your project to the contest!
* You have until 2pm Wednesday, April 24th Brisbane time to add your card or project.
* At this time ALL products (stamps, paper, dies) are welcomed with our challenge. You do not have to incorporate an IBS stamp set or flowers.
* One lucky winner will be randomly chosen & will be featured on my blog.
The winner will also receive a $15 Gift Card to the Inspired by Stamping Store!
* BUT…If you do create a card using IBS products, your card may be featured on our Facebook Page & Pinned to our “Inspiring Designs by Customers” Board.
Good luck to everyone! We are so excited to see your creations!
UPDATE for Winner!