Hey stamping friends! How are you on this beautiful Thursday? We have a brand new challenge this week over at the Inspired by Stamping Inspiration Challenge! The design team ladies have created the most beautiful Christmas cards this week! Plus, we have a very talented guest designer!

This week it is all about getting into the Christmas mood and there is some blog candy to win!

Here is the IBSIC inspiration photo…

And here is my card…

This is my first ever accordion card. I’ve seen a lot of them with photos in them and I think I will add some photos of the kiddos for my parents and give this to them for Christmas. What do you think? Here are a few photos of the inside.

On the front of my card, I used the Festive Frames stamp set stamped in blue. The sentiment is from this set too. I also added some Silver Glitter Tape, Crochet Trim and a White Poinsettia flower all can be found at the IBS store.

Here is my first page, I stamped some Vintage Postcard Add On I images to the inside of my card. Again, I trimmed it with some IBS goodies.

Here is the last fold of my card. I used the Holiday Expressions stamp set and again the Vintage Postcard Add On I. I also added some snowflakes on the patterned paper from the December 25th stamp set.

My question for you today…What is your favorite type of card to make?

Is it an A4 standard, gate fold, accordion card, etc?

Leave me a comment and let me know what you think! I would love to try a few new style of cards in an upcoming post!

Plus, we love hearing from you!

Enjoy and I’ll see you in the comments area.

With love

18 thoughts on “IBSIC #32 Photo Inspiration & Blog Candy :)

1. Pat Myers says:

As always, the cards featured are wonderful. I prefer the standard card because I can create it either landscape or portrait direction. Your Christmas cards are special!

2. Joanna M. says:

Hi Carol! Thank you for your comments! You will have to get some of the paper. It is so beautiful! My favorite paper for this Christmas season! Hugs, Joanna

3. Joanna M. says:

I am going to have to try a Joy Fold card next Ellen! thank you so much! I appreciate this tutorial! Can’t wait to give it a try! Hugs, Joanna

4. Joanna M. says:

Hey Kim! I have never made a 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ size card before. The biggest I’ve made is 5×5. I will have to try that size. It has been fun switching things up a bit the last few weeks with the different style of cards. 🙂 Hugs, Joanna

5. Joanna M. says:

Hi Liz, A4 size is the size of paper that Australians use. The size is 210 x 290 mm. A bit longer but not as wide. Thank you so much for your comment! I hope you play along with our challenge also this week! Hugs, Joanna

6. Joanna M. says:

Thanks Pendra for the reply! I usually make the standard card too. I have say though it has been a lot of fun to make these new kind of cards lately. 🙂 Hugs, j

7. Liz Ortiz says:

Your accordion card is FABULOUS! I have not tried this yet, might try soon 😉 ….Well, I really don’t have a favorite, eventhough lately I seem to create a lot A2s, but I love to incorporate some action on my cards and for that regularly the odd size cards come in very handy. thank you for sharing such beautiful creations. I hope I get a chance to play along in this challenge.
    Have a wonderful day!

8. Ellen Parker says:

Joanna I love this fold. I would love to see the instructions for making this one. Most of my cards are A2 since I send them to Operation Write Home. Their main requirement is that the card fits into an A2 envelope, so it allows for special folds as long as the finished size fits the envelope. So one of my favorite special folds is Joy Fold (found here http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/joy_fold_card/). It is very simple but gives the card a great look.
    Your card is just gorgeous! I love that fold and all of the beautiful papers you were able to use.
    hugs,
    Ellen

9. Paulette says:

Your accordion card is Over the TOP and WOW!! I’ve never attempted such a challenge, I probably would need a lot of hand-holding… My forte is A-4 but, thanks to you & your team & your store, I now layer & embellish to the max!

Beautiful card, Joanna! I’ve seen this paper at the store where I work. You used it wonderfully. I may have to buy some also! Lovely! My favorite card to make is just the standard A4. So many possibilities!