Hello friends! Today, it is my turn for the Whoo Hoo Wednesday and I have a quick tip on how I keep my Dies from moving when running them through the Big Shot! I hope you enjoy!

I had a lot of fun creating this Halloween card with all its details! I let my imagination run wild with this one. My labels and image come from the Halloween Labels and Fancy Labels 18 stamp sets. After cutting them out with the Big Shot, I then lifted each one with dimensionals.

On the top of my card is a spider web from My Mind’s Eye paper, so I thought it would be fun to have spiders running down the side of my card stock. These spiders are from last years Tricks & Treats stamp set.

What better than some dead dried flowers and leaves added to the corner of my card?! I distressed each IBS White Rose with distress ink and then bent the wire to give them that dead and droopy feel.

I hope that you enjoyed today’s quick tutorial!

A Personal Note:

Today was a super special day for my oldest daughter Tessa. She competed against regional kids from grades K-7 in a drawing competition and was one of the winners. The competition was about saving the Great Barrier Reef and how picking up our trash helps the ocean. She is the June month and is the center page for the calendar. I am so very proud of her. xoxo

Please leave a comment! I love hearing from you!

Have a great day!

22 thoughts on “Video – Nestie Die Tip

1. Joanna M. says:

Thanks Patricia! I appreciate you writing to her today! She thought it was wonderful while I read them to her at breakfast this morning! You sure did make her day! Hugs, J

2. Joanna M. says:

Thanks so much Bobbi! She just loved hearing all the kind comments today on my blog! It really touched my heart today! Thank you for all of your support! Hugs, Joanna

3. Joanna M. says:

Oh Wow Jan! I didn’t know that they have Post It Notes in a tape dispenser! How cool is that!?! Thanks for the tip. I am going to have to see they have them here. Thanks for the comment. πŸ™‚ Hugs, J

4. Debbie Dunham says:

Wonderful card! Great tutorial….I never would have thought to use sticky notes! Congrats again to Tessa! Great job!

Beautiful card! I think I like the dead roses, too: gives your card a whimsical touch! Congrats to your daughter, also. What an honor!

6. Jan Douglas, Florida says:

Love your tutorial….Post It Note now comes in a tape dispenser just like a roll of Scotch tape and it comes in colors…pretty cool for making your own decorative strips using stamps and whatever color inks you desire.
    Congrats to your daughter…so cute.

7. Bobbi Miller says:

Joanna, your card is lovely but today Tessa gets all the credit! Way to go Tessa! Your calendar page is awesome! I wonder where you get your artistic talent from? πŸ™‚ Great job on your project too! If more people would do what you’re doing, the world would be a prettier place! Great job Tessa….keep up the super work! πŸ™‚

8. Paulette says:

Soooo impressed by the talented women in your family!! “If you litter, you hurt me” is a very thoughtful comment. Congrats to Tessa on such an honor!

9. Patricia Willey says:

Woo Hoo Tessa! Love the drawing and congratulations on your “Center Page” Calendar! Picking up trash on the beach is a great idea! Besides, someone else’s trash is somebody’s treasure! Great work!