Hello my sweet friends! It is such a special day today! I am featuring my Mom! She is the most talented, creative and the most beautiful artist that I know. And today I just wanted to share with you the amazing paintings that she does.

My Mom has always painted. Summers were always filled with lots of great art classes when I was a kid. I can remember her painting throughout my childhood through adulthood.

Now that my Mom has retired, she is painting full time and creates some beautiful landscape pictures of the local light house in Holland, Michigan. She is gearing up for her first art show! I plan on being there next summer when she has it!

Here are a few of her amazing paintings!

Victoria Yeager Paintings

This is her latest oil painting of “Big Red” lighthouse during the snowy months. I love the reflection and all the ice details. She just finished this a couple days ago!

Victoria Yeager Paintings

Here is another oil painting of the river and “Big Red” during the gorgeous Michigan Summer months.

Victoria Yeager Paintings

I love this photo. The detail of each painting is beautiful!

Victoria Yeager Paintings

Here is a close up of all the gorgeous details that my Mom does to each painting!

Victoria Yeager Paintings

Another favorite painting with amazing clouds and waves of Lake Michigan! I love how she always captures “Big Red” lighthouse’s reflection in the water!

Victoria Yeager Paintings

She also painting amazing ships! This one is one of my all time favorites!

Victoria Yeager Paintings

The last painting I want to share with you is her beach photo with the gorgeous beach grass, sand and Lake Michigan water!

I hope that you enjoyed my Mom’s paintings!

Please leave her a comment! We would love to hear from you!

26 thoughts on “Today I’m featuring my Mom!!! :-)

1. ~Tammy~ says:

I am absolutely blown away by your Mother’s talent! I also see the apple does not fall far from the tree! Her work and detail is amazing and you should be proud!!!! Her works of art would would be beautiful gracing the walls of any home or office and personally I feel should be in a gallery! Wow Wow Wow!

2. Ellen says:

WOW Joanna! I thought these were photos at first. How wonderfully talented your Mom is! Thank you for featuring her art!
    Hugs
    Ellen

3. Peg K says:

Joanna, Your mom’s work is beautiful. I knew you were from Michigan but I didn’t know where until you mentioned Holland. I’m from Kalamazoo. And yes, we do have wonderful summers AND winters here in Michigan and your mom has shown that exquisitely! How did you end up in Australia…if you’ve ever told the story on your blog, I’ve missed it.

4. Mom says:

WOW I am totally honored by you Jo for featuring me and for all the wonderful compliments from your readers! My heart is filled with gratitude for all their kind words. I especially like what Paulette said, “On loan from God” which I believe wholeheartedly. Along with God my talents also have been handed down from my Mother “Nana” who makes beautiful afghans…..Thank You!

5. Sheryl says:

I know your mom and not only is she exceptionally talented, she is a wonderful, kind, loving woman who puts everything she’s got into everything she does. Always has. It’s been an honor and priviledge to have known her for many many years.

6. Martha H. says:

WOW! Your monm is super talented! I love all of her paintings. Thank you for sharing with us – would love to see more!

7. Bobbie Hill says:

That’s my daughter and she amazes me with every new painting, they keep getting better. Jo, you have the same creative juices. So proud of you both. Keep up with the good work. Love Nana

8. Bobbi Miller says:

OH my! Now we know where you get all your talent! These paintings are gorgeous! I grew up in Chicago and lived there all my life until I moved to Arizona 10 years ago. I adore Lake Michigan, and the state of Michigan is just beautiful! Your Mom has captured it in all it’s glory..I just love the “big red”… everything is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing… Hugs!

9. Debbie Dunham says:

Wow! Your mother is truly a gifted artist….which she obviously passed down to you! Thanks for sharing her amazing work!

10. Donna says:

Your mom has incredible talent! As I scrolled down to the first one, I thought it was a photograph. The tree that the apple fell from is certainly amazing!

11. Barbara C says:

Thanks for sharing your Mom’s beautiful artwork with us, Joanna. As others have said, you have certainly come by your talent honestly! Love her paintings, and being from Michigan I can really appreciate her subject matter.

12. basslady says:

my goodness! this is so adorable!
    it is so sweet of you to showcase your mom!
    and you are right: she is a GREAT artist!
    thanx for sharing!
    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

13. Kendra says:

WOW! Your mom does some amazing paintings!! The look as if they are photographs!! Amazing!! So beautiful!! Thanks for sharing your moms work with us!

14. Kathi Crouse says:

These are gorgeous Joanna! What awesome talent! I can see where you get your creativity from! These beautiful scenes make me want to visit there! Thanks so much for sharing her beautiful work with us!

15. Patricia Willey says:

Oh wow! Very very nice! My husband would enjoy one of those he loves light houses. Her work is very very good! Thank you for sharing and best of luck with here Art Show!

Beautiful paintings: love the colors and the fine details! My husband and I wanted to go to Holland, Michigan, this past spring to see tulips. Now I know there is a lot more to see. Maybe next year!

17. Gloria Pollack says:

Love your Mom’s paintings, I live near Holland in Saint Joseph, MI. Not very far away! Thank you for sharing them…I’d love to see them in person, so let us know when the art fair takes place. I love your stuff, too, Joanna! Talent must be genetic!

18. Janet says:

Gorgeous, from a regular reader who lives 40 miles north in Muskegon. Who knew? Lake Michigan is our beautiful gift in all seasons. You come by your art honestly.

19. Paulette says:

What a bright and beautiful start to my day! I MARVEL at Mom’s talent ~ “on loan from God”. It’s obvious where your inspiration comes from, Joanna. I’m so glad that your both share your gifts with the world.