Hello! It’s “Whoo Hoo Wednesday” at Inspired By Stamping, and it’s my turn to share a fun, unique project with you.
My kids have been asking for ‘Dirt Pudding’ for the longest time, and I thought it would be fun to decorate the ‘pots’ with some pretty flowers from a cute set called Daisies.
To begin, you will need:
- Little dishes
- Wooden craft sticks
- Chocolate pudding
- Chocolate wafer cookies
- Floral stamp set (I’ve used Daisies)
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Wild Wasabi (or any green) and Orchid Opulence dye inks
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue (it’s non-toxic)
- 1/2″ circle punch
- Assorted Copic markers (I used R20, R32, R35, V05, V09)
- White cardstock
1. Stamp flower on white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black (this type of ink works very well with alcohol-based markers such as Copic). Color in the centers of the petals with lightest pink.
2. Using next darkest shade of pink, outline each petal. No need to color in the lines, because these get trimmed out.
3. Using a coral-red, outline one side of each petal.
4. With the pink shade from Step 2, blend lines of coral-red color with small, circular motions.
5. With a light orchid color, apply color to inner-most part of each petal.
6. With darkest orchid marker, flick strokes of color to inner edges of each petal. Trim.
7. The Daisies set contains a polka-dotted flower center. Stamp it in orchid ink and punch out.
8. Stamp green leaves and trim out.
9. Apply leaves, flower and flower center to wooden craft stick and let dry. (I used a non-toxic glue since this will come in close contact with food, but I’m not so sure about those markers and dye ink!)
10. Prepare pudding and spoon into little dishes. Crumble chocolate wafer cookies over top of pudding, and insert flower-on-a-stick. Serve and enjoy!
Hope you enjoyed my project today! Colleen