Happy Whoo Hoo Wednesday! Irit has an amazing technique today to share with you! Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think. We LOVE hearing from you! Hugs, Joanna
Inspired by stamping
by Irit Shalom
This is my small card making tutorial made for Inspired By Stamping blog.
I made a vintage style BABY CARD using glue tape, micro beads and a lot of patience.
Cardstock- two tones of pink (American Crafts)
Stamps: Oh, Baby set – Inspired by Stamping
Ink: Clearsnap- dark purple
Scalloped chipboard – Tando Creative
Patterned paper- Glitz
Tacky 1/2” tape
Micro beads in 3 colors
And now to work!
1. Cover a piece of a cardstock with Tacky tape from the angle as shown.
2. Expose one piece of your tape each time and add one color of micro beads. Don’t try to make it more then one strip a time, it comes messy and sticky. Continue with all strips till they all are covered with beads.
3. Make a frame from a darker cardstock and glue it over the beaded piece with 3d glue.
4. Adhere the framed piece over a lighter cardstock.
5. Adhere a piece of patterned paper over the chipboard piece and stamp over it. Use clear embossing powder and your heat gun to heat emboss the image. Ink the edges with the same ink. Add a crystal and glue it over the frame.
6. Stamp a sentiment with the same ink over the same paper, make a flag, ink around and adhere with 3d foam glue.
7. Add small blings strip on the left side of the frame. Glue some flowers and enjoy your card.
And some more tips now:
You don’t need to use micro beads with this technique. Glitter, flock and embossing powders with do the job as well over the tacky tape. If you use embossing powders, add one strip of a glue a time, as the heat will damage the next one.
Hugs, Joanna and Irit