Have you ever had your hubby look at you and say “I did something and I need to tell you.” Oh dear, as every thought imaginable was going through my head like…”what did he break?” “what did he buy?” and “what did he do?” My heart about sank to the floor and I was literally thinking, “haven’t I gone through enough????”

He looked at me and said…you might be mad at me BUT I went ahead and organized a weekend away without the kids!

O.k.?? And why would I be mad for??? He kindly said, “because you have so much going on that I don’t know if you would like to take a break right now?”

So on Friday morning we packed up and went away for the weekend to my favorite place, Airlie Beach. As I was totally unprepared for this, I have gone missing on my blog for a few days. Yes, it has been a bit hard, especially with the blog candy, the release day coming soon, selling the house, cleaning non-stop and all the packaging of gorgeous flowers. BUT what a wonderful weekend. I needed it. It grounded me once again and it relaxed me again.

I am so thankful for my hubby. I am truly grateful and blessed for everything, but most importantly that God gave me him.

Here are a few photos to share with you…

DSC_1673

DSC_1709

DSC_1697

DSC_1702

And one more thing….we sold the house today!

14 thoughts on “Where have I been??

1. gail says:

A new home,a new start but make sure you take the old husband with you .A little TLC from a loved one can work wonders.Enjoy the rest of your week.

2. Jan Garber says:

All things happen for a reason! Sounds like your hubby knew just what to do! A chance to forget about problems and they tend to take care of themselves! Now, start packing!

Congrats on selling your house! I’m so glad you got to spend a weekend with your hubby at such a beautiful place. I, too, am so grateful for my husband and thank God for him every day!

4. Carol T says:

One thing I have learn over the last 5yrs. Life is to short to worry about the small things. So if you don’t post for a couple of days we will all survive. As long as we know you are okay!! Love the pictures!! Glad you got to recharge you battery. Sounds like your going to need it with everything going on in your life. Thanks for your sharing all your beautiful
    cards!!

5. Barb in Ontario says:

Great news about your house! Didn’t take long at all. What a treasure you have in your husband….sounds like he is definately a keeper!

6. Martha H. says:

What a wonderful and supportve husband. You are truly blessed to have such a beautiful family. Looks like you had a relaxing getaway…you deserved it!
    Hugs,
    Martha H.

7. Paulette says:

It warms my heart to hear of people who take care of each other and show it in every little way. Wherever you go, it will be “HOME” and I’m verrrry happy for you.

8. Kim Score says:

what a beautiful place! I wish it was so easy to sell a home over here! The US housing market is in the toilet right now and we want to sell our house and upsize. But, alas, we are stuck. So glad you got the rest you needed but it sounds like you’ll be super busy with a move now!