Happy Whoo Hoo Wednesday everyone! Hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday so far. Today, I am sharing with you how I organize my Spellbinders! Hope you enjoy the video!

I had a few questions from friends and I thought every one would benefit from these answers after watching the video…

Where do you get magnetic sheets? I bought my magnetic sheets from Hobby Lobby. I have also seen them at Lowes and Amazon.com.

One wonderful lady named Pam wrote last night and said, "You can get the magnets and pockets they fit in that have holes to fit in a 3 ring binder. They come in A2; 5X7 and 8X10 sizes; they fit perfectly in the plastic sleeves. They're at www.cropstop.com. Look under"storage sleeves".

How do you get the magnetic sheets to fit inside the CDs? I first measured the inside of the CD case and then cut a piece of plain paper to size. This works great because you can adjust the size before you start cutting the magnetic sheets. I then traced on the magnetic sheet and cut it with some super sharp scissors.

How did you get rid of the raised center of the CD's? My hubby took the centers out for me. I asked him to make me a video. LOL! He looked at me funny. πŸ™‚

Here is another great idea how Jan stores her Spellbinder's! Great video. I store mine in a similar way. I use a 3 ring leather binder that zips closed along with page protectors. I cut chipboard slightly smaller than the page protector, about 8 x 10. On the chipboard I adhere strips of the magnetic material and then pop my Spellbinders onto the magnet strips. I have about 50 sets and my binder is just about full. It's so portable and since the binder zips closed, nothing is going to fall out and get lost when transporting them.

Please leave me a comment. Comments are so important to me! Thanks heaps!

Have a blessed day!

Summer signature1-001

30 thoughts on “Whoo Hoo Wednesday ~ Organizing your Spellbinders

1. Theresa says:

I store my dies in CD cases with the magnetic square glued in the back of a CD case. I have them labled in my tool organizer by case number. This saves me so much time.

2. Sandy says:

I get the magnetic sheets from our local hardware stores or Lowes or HomeDepot…they are air vent covers for your hot/air conditioning air vents. About 7$ for three. Easy to cut to fi t any size DVD plastic case.

3. Linda Fisher says:

Whoo Hoo for a fantastic idea!! I too keep my spellbinders in CD cases but not with the magnetic sheets and they slip and slide all over the place and usually fall out when I open the case. Now I’m off to see if my husband can get the center bumps removed from the cases…..TFS

4. Jodi says:

Great organization tip! I don’t have any spellbinder dies yet, but I’d like to get some since they have so many great options. Thanks for another great video!

5. Dorothy Kuffler says:

Great Video! I guess most people know how to use these Spellbinders, but I don’t. Could you do a video showing how to use them?? Love your blog! Thanks for your dedication.

6. Pam Roundy says:

You can get the magnets and pockets they fit in that have holes to fit in a 3 ring binder. They come in A2; 5X7 and 8X10 sizes; they fit perfectly in the plastic sleeves. They’re at http://www.cropstop.com. Look under”storage sleeves”.
    A friend goes to Lowes or Home Depot and gets radiator (register) covers that come in huge sizes for cheap$$ and cuts them to size.

7. Joanna says:

Hi everyone! I got my magnetic sheets at Hobby Lobby. I also saw them at the office store and Lowes. You can also use business card magnetic sheets. They work great also.
    I traced the inside of my cd and then cut it out to use as a template for my CD cases. And cut out the magnetic sheets. You can use smaller size sheets also. I have found that those work well too.
    I hope this helps!
    Hugs, Joanna

8. Pat Myers says:

SUPER DUPER idea! My one set is stored in the plastic case and they’re always rolling around in there, getting tangled. Thanks for sharing!

9. Patricia Willey says:

Woo Hoo is right! Tidy storage is a must to stay organized! I don’t own any Spellbinders. There isn’t a craft store for 2 hours from here. Stampin’ Up! is all I have. I think this is a Genius way to store these if I had them!

10. Lisa Johnson says:

Thanks for the great idea…and yes.. wondering where you get the magnetic sheets also..love how compact they are.

11. Jan Douglas says:

Great video. I store mine in a similar way. I use a 3 ring leather binder that zips closed along with page protectors. I cut chipboard slightly smaller than the page protector, about 8 x 10. On the chipboard I adhere strips of the magnetic material and then pop my Spellbinders onto the magnet strips. I have about 50 sets and my binder is just about full. It’s so portable and since the binder zips closed, nothing is going to fall out and get lost when transporting them.