I’ve been in the craft room this weekend creating up a storm. So today, I have two posts to share. Click Here to see my Christmas Card. πŸ™‚

Did  you see my inspiration photo that I posted yesterday on Facebook? If not that’s o.k. just scroll down to view this gorgeous flower. I only used three colors from this gorgeous photo from designseeds.com. I get a lot of inspiration for color combinations from this website. It is filled with gorgeous colors.

I also played in this weeks Card Pattern Sketch 133 to help get my Mojo going for the week. Sketch challenges are a great way to get the creativity flowing. Today, I changed it up a bit and used the scallop edge for my crochet trim.

A Beautiful Life paper pad by My Mind’s Eye was used with these gorgeous colors that matched perfectly with my inspiration photo. I always start out with what colors I want and then find some gorgeous paper to match.

I stamped my sentiment out using Bravo Burgundy. The gorgeous Lacey Scallop Oval Die was just whatt I needed to make my sentiment pop. I then cut out a butterfly and attached it to the top.

I love hearing from you so please leave me a comment and let me know what you think about today’s card.

Supplies

STAMPS: ?

INK: BRAVO BURGUNDY

PAPER: MY MIND’S EYE A BEAUTIFUL LIFE 6X6 PAPER PAD

AWESOME TOOLS: BIG SHOT DIE CUT MACHINE, LACEY OVAL DIE

A TOUCH OF GLAM: CROCHET TRIM, FLOWER, PEARLS

13 thoughts on “CPS 133

1. Charlotte Coombes says:

Oh my gosh, STOP THE BUS! I just took another look at this beautiful card and saw the paper flower. I NEED a Whoo Hoo Video on how to create that beauty!! Pretty Pretty Please….(can you see my folded hands, and my little lip pouting, eyelashes batting in beggin’ pose???) Yep, shamefully begging for that tutorial! lol

2. Charlotte Coombes says:

I LOVE how you stamped the butterfly body on the tag, and have the wings hanging over to pop out. CUTE!

3. Peg Klitch says:

The stitching adds so much Joanna. You’ve inspired me to dust off my machine and give it a try! The sweet little butterfly seems to be made just for an accent on the lacey label. Enchanting!

4. Paulette says:

I see that almost every adjective has been used to describe your creations. Day after day you keep us inspired by their beauty! I wish you so much success!

5. Elise says:

THIS is sooooooo lovely! Golly, gosh – a card I could get lost in: I LOVE IT! Thank you, SO very much, for gracing Card Patterns with your fine creation! Yipeeee!

6. Jan D. says:

I love the striking color contrast and, of course, my favorite color…any shade or hint of yellow. I challenged myself recently to see if I could make a card and NOT use anything yellow…I got two done and then I was having terrible withdrawal symptoms. LOL So Saffron is still my current favorite shade.
    Hope your cold is getting better….we are still sick…hubby caught it, too. I feel so bad I gave him my cold.
    Have a great Sunday!

7. Patricia Willey says:

Geezum Crow! You need to be making money doing this! I’ve not seen a junk card on your blog yet. (well not like we upload them right!) Why don’t I have Bravo Burgandy in my stash? It’s gorgeous! Just love that with a little yellow.. So Saffron? Look at that wispy bow and crinkled flower. Sigh, so pretty!