INSPIREDBYSTAMPIN'

Hi blog friends! The holiday weekend kicks off today! Any plans? As most of you know, my hubby is Australian. I met Brad when I was only 15 years old. He was a Rotary Exchange student and we only knew each other for 10 days before he went back to the beautiful land of Oz. We were best friends (my first love) for 5 years and wrote letters back and forth. Yes, snail mail was all we had in those days. I can still remember running to the mailbox whenever I saw the mailman hoping that there was a letter from him. And then he came back to America to see me while I was at Michigan State and well the rest is history. Red heart

Any who, this weekend is also a special weekend for my husband as it is Father’s Day in Australia. So today’s card is for my Australian friends who will be honoring all the Dad’s this weekend and my gorgeous hubby! Happy Father's Day. 🙂

I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday weekend wherever you are in the world. Hugs to you all!

INSPIREDBYSTAMPIN'

My Mind’s Eye Paris & Co paper pad was used for my decorative paper. Three bronze Brads on each side of the card were used for my glam. I also used some Grosgrain Early Espresso Ribbon for the center. I wasn’t going to use ribbon but I think it is not too girlie? I hope not.

INSPIREDBYSTAMPIN'

I used the SU! Best Dad Ever stamp set in Chocolate Chip. To make a frame using Spellbinders, first lay two dies down on a piece of magnetic sheet. Then lay paper over it. Whip it through the Big Shot and you have a gorgeous frame. For an added effect, I lifted the frame using Dimensionals.

summersupplieswithproducts21_2-001

STAMP SETS: BEST DAD EVER (SU!), WALTZINGMOUSE VINTAGE LABELS 5

PAPER: MY MINDS EYE PARIS AND CO.

AWESOME TOOLS: SEWING MACHINE, BIG SHOT, LABELS 18 DIES

A TOUCH OF GLAM: EARLY ESPRESSO GROSGRAIN RIBBON, ANTIQUE BRADS

21 thoughts on “Best Dad Ever for Aussie Dads!!!

1. Melanie McK says:

How amazing that I found your blog today and not only am I an Aussie living here in Qld, but my niece met her partner when he was an exchange student in Adelaide from Germany when they were 16 and they’ve been together over there for 3 years – her paternal grandparents were born in Germany so she was able to get a dual passport. where did Brad come from?

2. kathy t says:

Joanna, What a wonderful love story! I’m sure your family had a wonderful day celebrating. The card is perfect -I love the DSP and the color of the frame. I think the bow makes it look very polished and tidy like a suit or tux 🙂

3. rosalie says:

Thank you for sharing such a nice love story! It’s beautiful, as well as your card! Happy for both of you..

4. Jodi says:

Awesome card for you Hubby. I hope he has a fabulous day. Love the color combination with the deep brown & shades of blue. The little bit of stripe is a great touch also. The ribbon is definitely not girlie since it’s in such a great shade of chocolate & accents the card so well.

5. Maria A. says:

That is the sweetest LOVE story! It’s awesome to be married to your Best Friend. What an amzing bond you must share. LOVE the card! It has your signature style all over it. Take Care! Have a great weekend!

6. Vicki B says:

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful romantic story! What a special relationship you have. Happy Father’s Day to your husband…..great card!

7. Mary Mac says:

A beautiful and unusual card – very manly. I love your ‘girl meets boy’ story, sounds just like a fairy tale. Thank you for sharing it with us – I’m sure we’d love to hear more little tid bits!!

8. Bobbi Miller says:

Joanna, what a wonderful story of how you and Brad met. I’ll bet you just fell in love with his accent….I know I would! 🙂 Congratulations on finding the love of your life. No wonder all your creations are so full of love and beauty! xo Hugs Love this card too, as all the others. Happy safe weekend!

9. Paulette says:

Such a pretty card and story… It is said that the best thing parents can ever do for their children is to love each other. You’re doing that & have made a very happy home! Happy Father’s Day to all Aussie Dads !