Hello my sweet friends! I am so excited to share with you a video about how to convert your wood  mount stamps to clear mount ones. Enjoy! If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to email me or leave me a comment! Have a wonderful Friday!

Hugs, Joanna

23 thoughts on “Video Tutorial–Converting Wood Mount Stamps to Clear Mount

1. Mz Cookie says:

what a wonderful tutorial and idea… could I borrow your daughter for a little while?…lol. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful creativity

2. Eileen says:

Hi Joaana
    What a great video!!! Thank you!!! Do you have a way to convert wheels??? I have so many and would love these to be mounted as a clear stamp. They don’t have a cushion like the stamp set so I’m not shure how to go about this…
    Again thank you!!!

3. Julie A. says:

Joanna-
    Thank you so much! I’ve turned some of my stamps into clear mount, but didn’t put the sticker on the back, because I didn’t know how to make them stick. I need to find some Tack it! Luckily, I saved the stickers:) Thanks again and have a great day!

4. Erica Fields says:

Thank you for making this video. I had begun unmounting mine…first putting them into CD cases, until SU came out with their great cases. But I wasn’t adhering the image to the back of the unmounted stamp. Instead, I was placing it directly onto the inside of the case. Your way makes way more sense. Love the idea of the Tack-It-Over Again to get them to stick. You’re a lifesaver.

5. tabitha says:

Thanks for the video. I do have a question: sometimes I am having problems getting my stickers to adhere to the back of the foam. Have you had this problem or any suggestions? I have tried to use SU two way glue but the stickers still seem to roll up on the corners of my really old sets.

6. Mary Havlovic says:

What an awesome idea! Now to find the time and patience to do this to all my SU wood mounted stamps. Thank you for sharing.

7. rosalie says:

I just learned TFS abbreviation! I watched the You Tude video.. It’s such a good idea. Have not tried it yet, because I’m too busy on the internet – but I will get to it!

8. Lisa O. says:

Joanna,
    Thanks for this video. I have seen others using the new foam product by SU, but I really like what you have put together as an alternative because it uses the stickers on the block with stamp, just like the new clear mount. Plus, no transferring to the foam, cutting, etc. I imagine that would help on cost too. Thanks again.

9. Natalie G says:

Oh Joanna! This is wonderful! I can’t wait to get started on my collection!
    My question: I have Fabulous Phrases in Clear mount, and I’m having a lot of trouble getting the sticker label to stay on the foam. When I try to peel up the stamp off the inside of the case or off the block after stamping, the foam lets go of the sticker label. Can you recommend a solution? Thank you so much!!

10. Crystal from Hawaii says:

I saw this on youtube and I spent a week solid converting my stamps!!!I LOVE it!!! Also if the rubber and foam seperate I just put the Aleenes on the backside of the rubber and it worked FABULOUS!!!If you would like a SUPER FABULOUS way to store your ribbons check out amazingpapergrace.com click on tutorials and then click on organization..scroll till you see amazing ribbon storage..I followed the tutorial and it only took 2 drawers for ALL my ribbon and I have ALOT of ribbon..its my obsession…For the 1 1/4 striped ribbon I made my cards 2 1/4×4..and for the cards I used the backs of cardboard that comes with the DSP and just doubled it up and glued it with the SU!gluesticks…Hope it helps..Love your blog!!You continue to inspire me!!!

11. Debra B. says:

Thank you, Joanna! Great tutorial and I’m on my way to pick up some Tack-It Over & Over – you inspire me!
    Have a great weekend!
    debra~

12. Gerry says:

Thanks for the great tutorial. Converting to clear mount would certainly safe a lot space. and clear mounts make it so much easier to place the image.

13. Melissa says:

SU! two-way glue pen works great (instead of the Aileen’s). When it dries, it is sticky and adheres well to the clear blocks.

14. Vicki B says:

You did another great tutorial! I need to look into some of that Aleene’s product.
    You are so lucky that your daughter likes to stamp too. I have 2 daughters who never seemed to take an interest in any of the crafts I’ve done. Granddaughters dabble in some of the stamping with me though but nothing too serious.

15. Jan D. says:

Great video….this sure saves a lot of space and weight….my bins of wood mounted stamps are quite heavy.

16. kathy t says:

Thank you dear friend for the video–I will watch in detail this week-end =I suppose it really will save space and does allow much more flexability in positioning our stamps –Plus we are going “GREEN” Have a relaxing week-end and stay safe . Our area will be safe -maybe minor flooding -but For the rest of the East Coast and my dear friend in Bahamas my prayers are many.