Inspired by Stamping, On Your BirthdayHappy Friday everyone! What’s your plans this weekend?? Our weekend will be filled with lots of birthday parties, sports and ballet. I am sure it will fly by with lots of laughter and good times. Smile I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Lots of hugs to you all.

Your comments mean so much to me! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on today’s card! Thank you for visiting me today! Keep Smiling. Smile

Inspired by Stamping, On Your BirthdayVanilla and Kraft look gorgeous with the Pocketful of Posies paper. Add some stitching and daub the corners with Crumb Cake and viola! A gorgeous shabby chic card base.

Inspired by Stamping, On Your BirthdayI used the Spellbinder Nestie Lacey Ovals for the center and On Your Birthday Stamp Set. I then daubed around the edges using Certain Celery ink.

Inspired by Stamping, On Your BirthdayMy gorgeous Merlot flowers were from the craft store. I just cut the stems off and adhered them using glue dots. I am currently trying a new technique of making glue dots. I will make a video if it works. Smile

Summer signature1-001

19 thoughts on “Shabby Chic Birthday

1. Patricia Willey says:

The nearest city with a craft store here is 1.5 hours. You’re lucky to find such treasures to play with! Love the thought of snipping off stems to use the flower!

2. Kathy M. says:

Lovely as always!! My husband & I just got back from 2 weeks in Alaska!! Absolutely wonderful vacation. I’m taking a card class tomorrow morning and then spend some play time in my craft room as well. Have a great weekend!!

3. Gerry Morse says:

Absolutely gorgeous as are all your cards. A few years ago I did the same thing with flowers now that you reminded me of that I’ll have to do it again. Today I’m going to Hobby Lobby, tomorrow morning taking a card class then it will be play time in my craft room. Have a great weekend

4. Maria A. says:

Another winner! I especially love the embellishments. Those little touches take it to he next level…Beautiful! My weekend is totally filled with football. My 2nd grader is playing for the first time and he is quite the athlete! Then, school starts on Monday! Enjoy your weekend!

5. Sonia Bluteau says:

Hi Joanna ! Beautiful card today, I love this kind, it’s so “chic” and softly.
    Have a nice day !

6. Lisa O. says:

I absolutely love this card! One of my faves that you have made. The merlot flowers add a great pop of color to the subtle color pallette. Looking forward to your next video!

7. kathy t says:

I love kraft and vanilla together. and green is one of my favorite soothing colors. The card is just perfect 🙂 This week-end I hope to see the movie -Help- I read the book and enjoyed. Also I received some new stamps and DSP so I hope to be able to make a few cards.and I love to paint furniture -So I hope to redo a cute litle stool ( one all the boys stood on to brush their teeth when they were little-ahhh I love those memories! ) and a simple table -Your week-end sounds like it will fly by way too fast too -Wish we could slow time down on the week-ends.