DSC_1820 - Copy copy

Hello my beautiful friends! How are you all doing?? I have missed you all dearly while being away from the computer. I honestly have not opened it up in a week. Our wonderful friends came for a special visit for a week together. I pray that they had a great time here. It was an eventful one for them that is for sure!

Well we went on vacation together for three nights and while we were there, my three beautiful children all got violently sick with the stomach flu (both ends) for those three days. My oldest Tess said to me at dinner at a steak house resturant the first night, I think I am going to be sick and then vomited all over dinner. (SHE would kill me if she knew I was writing this!) And then down went the other two kids within hours. I feel so horrible for the house keepers at the hotel, I apologized every time we had to ask for new sheets. Yes, it was that bad.

I think I have recovered now. Brad and I haven’t gotten it. So cross fingers. Oh what a horrible trip. When we got home, I fell into bed and slept for 10 hours. I was soo tired.

I hope to be back in full swing again next week. I am still catching up on all the laundry, etc. The kids are doing better. It has taken awhile for them to get back on their feet too. Thank you for your understanding. I hope you all are well.

12 thoughts on “Just saying hi….

1. Jodi says:

Happy to hear your kids are on the mend. Sounds like you’re ready for a vacation from your vacation. Also sounds like a big family Christmas we had 20 years ago. It just kept taking victims. No fun at all! Hope you get a bit of down time to relax after all the chaos.

2. kathy t says:

Oh my gosh that is so terrible ! Glad everyone is on the mend. –These are experience you can NOT even scrapbook 🙂 Have a relaxing week-end –Kathy T

3. Debbie says:

I am so glad you are back. I missed all your beautiful cards. So sorry to hear that your having problems with that flu bug. Hope you and your hubby stay well. The card is simply smashing..

4. Mary Mac says:

Oh commiserations Joanna on your miserable few days. Hope the youngsters are feeling much better and that mom and dad remain standing!
    Love your card, some lovely touches, not least the little rose on the butterfly.
    Keep well.

5. Maria A. says:

Oh My Goodness! I have missed you this week! I feel like I haven’t talked to a dear friend for way too long! I hope you recover from your trip quickly! You can never plan for those types of things, can you? YUCK! Poor kiddos! Poor Mommy! Glad you are back!

6. Patricia Willey says:

Thanks goodness you’re ok! I’ve been worried about you. No posts had me thinking the worst! I tried to email you to check in but clicking on that link led me to an outsourced email and I never followed through. Welcome Home! Love the card!

7. JoAnn Burnham says:

So sorry your little ones were sick and hope you and your hubby don’t get sick. It sounds like you needed that 10 hours of sleep. Glad you are back and your card today is beautiful.
    Have a great weekend.

8. Paulette says:

Missed you! I literally said “Yay!!” when I rec’d your mail this a.m. Welcome Back from a vacation to remember!! Such a shame…. My cousin broke BOTH ankles last week on her vacation. Note to myself: stay home. Lovely card today ! I placed my new catalog order yesterday with you & your style in mind. I “Thank you Kindly”.