INSPIRED BY STAMPIN'

Hello my sweet blog friends and Happy Friday!! Whoo Hoo!! I have two things to share with you today! So please scroll all the way down to see all of this huge post! I am so excited to share with you my first project (Please click on photo for a better view). I also need help with a decorating question. So please leave me a comment! I truly need your input!

INSPIRED BY STAMPIN'

My first project, I just love! I have been wanting to showcase my favorite cards in my craft room but also for my own inspiration. These cards also won awards and have a special meaning to me. Smile I was scrolling through pinterest which I do everyday. I am truly addicted to this website and saw this project, CLICK HERE. (Instructions for all for those who want to try it) And I knew that this was perfect for my craft room.

INSPIRED BY STAMPIN'

I used all my scrap fabric that I have laying around, some Stampin’ Up! and some fabric that I have had for years. I used the Big Shot Die Cut Machine and the 3” Original Die to cut perfect squares. I then hot glued the flowers to the wooden pegs. My two little girls are so excited about these! They keep asking me for some to put in their room for their art work.

INSPIRED BY STAMPIN'

Here is a close up in my light box for you to see.

INSPIRED BY STAMPIN'

Here is one of my pink flowers. So cute!!!

INSPIRED BY STAMPIN'

My second project is this gorgeous sign. For years, I have kept a gratitude journal and write in it every morning. I can not tell you how much keeping a gratitude journal has changed my life. I am always looking at things/experiences now to write in and am always aware of and focus on the positive things in my life. So I HAD to get this beautiful quote from SU!

My Question To You….Do I leave it as it is??? Or do I give it some vintage glam??? If so, flowers on the outside (the quote is in a glass frame). A ribbon??? Oh I am at such a loss at what to do with this. PLEASE HELP!!

36 thoughts on “Flower Project & a Huge question for you my friends…

1. Laura Lin says:

I love to visit your blog. Your link to Pinterest has me hooked. I spent the entire weekend scrolling through pages and pages of great sites. Thanks (I think) for the link!

2. Vicki Wilson says:

I would use a simple black flourish (Stampin Up Elements of style) with a small red heart attatched to one corner–I did this to a family photo that was matted on white in a white frame! OH SO BORING!! It came out beautiful

3. Sharon Francis says:

How about adding a heart to the quote? I’d use the embossing heart folder with pink cs or a sparkle red cs heart cut either with the embossing folder or heart punch.

4. Traci S. says:

Hi Joanna~
    I love your garland of inspiration! I have a wall…now 3 of them of Inspiration. I hang cards I have received from friends, and Scriptures that are very important personally to me, and a cross, and photos from my wedding and things like that. I like the idea of stringing them together so nicely! I may need to give that a try on the cards! Yours is beautiful! I may stamp birds and put them at the connecting points! Like birds on a wire! LOL! I have several framed quotes and Scriptures around my art room, some I decorated…some I left plain…it depended on the purpose and meaning of the sentiment, if that makes any sense! You can’t go wrong…it is your art for you! Also, if you really want to jazz up a sentiment in a frame, the shadow box frames give you lots of room to put flowers inside and fabric, ribbon, anything you want…my wedding invitation hangs this way! I love what you have done! Thanks for the idea!
    He IS Able,
    Traci S.

5. Vicki B says:

I love it the way it is. The statement is simply stated so if you add anything I think it should also be very simple. I like the idea as some others have mentioned about just adding a flower or butterfly to one of the corners.

6. Barb in Ontario says:

Hey Joanna…I would leave it just the way it is. Its a great message and you don’t want to take away from it.
    Your clothesline display is wonderful……so you!
    I know what you mean about a journal…good way of expressing yourself.

7. Debbie Marcinkiewicz says:

Oh my … LOVELY projects!!! I especially love the clothesline with the cards and clothes pins! I would definitely have to ‘glam’ that frame up with some shabby goodness if it were me πŸ™‚

8. Patricia Willey says:

One more thing Columbo! Check out the image in the IDB&C page 227. A framed Decor Elements resting on an antiqued pegged shelf, decorated with the vase of flowers/willows and a family photo. Possibly helpful?

9. Tania says:

The quote needs something.Some colour, some ‘vintage glam’ as others have said. It’s too flat and dll for you.

10. Kathy t says:

Joanna , I think over time the framed quote may evolve. –Black and white are truly in style even for us that love the vintage style. The only thing that I would maybe do is is add a tiny red vinyl heart at the end of the quote. -just for a touch of whimsy. I looked at your blog header and tried to see if there was something on your header that could be added , my chose would be the butterfly. But again I think it works just the way it is . You have as many different pieces of advice as you do answers –You just do what feels right. πŸ™‚

11. Annie says:

Remove the glass, then you can add some vintage glam to make it more Joanna! Plus, it’ll give it much more dimension and interest.

12. Joyce Stewart says:

Can I say that I totally agree with Sue to leave the quote as it is. Words like these are important and need their own space….they don’t need flowers or butterflies for emphasis at all. As a calligrapher we are taught that words need space…..space around words gives them even more importance…so if you are wanting my opinion…leave it as it is and let the words do the talking.
    I do love the garland and am always inclined to ‘decorate’ some things (my friends would tell you that) but where graphics are concerned that is a different thing altogether. Of course it is your home and you must do whatever you are comfortable with. Regards from Northern Ireland.

13. Sheryl says:

Joanna, Love your garland! Love your work, always. Now I think I’m hooked on the site you mentioned, too! (It wouldn’t let me post the name). Do you have a page there?

14. Jodi says:

I love your “laundry line” of inspiration! What a great idea! And those flowers are just fabulous. I can see why your daughters want them now also. Such a cute way to display their favorite artwork & the best part is you can change it out any time you want by just changing what is displayed. I love your quote in the black frame, but I don’t think it seems to match your style. Think it needs a bit of crochet ribbon, flowers, doilies and all those special extras that you add to your other projects that really give them a special charm.

15. Lisa O. says:

If the framed verse was for me, it would stay as is, I’m a clean & simple kind of girl. But for you, I think you need to do it up in your style of vintage glam as if it were a sentiment for your cards…some pearls, ribbon, the works!!! It will look great with your card display, which is awesome.

16. debra says:

I like the strong contrast to other items in the room. It makes the meaning of the framed saying reflect the depth to which you personally ascribe to it.

17. Maria A. says:

O.k…..i scrolled down super fast so i couldn’t see what others told you about the frame. My first thought is…”it’s not Joanna!” I LOVE the quote and love the frame but it’s not “YOU”. It’s too plain. I’m 100% sure you will find a way to “make this your own” style. I love the way you’ve displayed your cards. They are beautiful! I would frame some of those too!!! By the way, I’m GRATEFUL for you!

18. Dianna says:

All of these are beautiful- but the white is pretty white. I think it would look great with some vintage accents- maybe spritzing some log cabin- or sponging some texture to vintage it up a bit… Beautiful none the less.

19. AmandadQ says:

Leave it – it is so simple and makes you focus on the words rather than the decorative aspects. Love it!

20. Susie Smith says:

Everything is beautiful you have made and always reflects your style, but that frame is too plain and doesn’t match your beautiful sole. You need to glam it up a little!

21. Gigi says:

If you add anything, it should be simple. It talks about a heart, so I would find a simple red heart to add to it.

22. Sue G. says:

I say leave it! A statement that profound, needs nothing else!! And, thanks for sharing, just awesome, wish we could all see it up close and personal.

23. Darlene Groseclose says:

Love your flowers. My granddaughters would love these. Maybe the new clothes pins Stampin Up has might work. For the frame, keep it black and white and one other color, whatever your favorite color is, add a little ribbon and a couple of flowers but keep the rest of what you add black and white. Have fun!!

24. Michele says:

WOW – I love the garland – what an awesome way to display your gorgeous creations! Love the quote – if the frame is in the same room it needs some softening – you’re the vintage queen – some crocheted ribbon scrunched around the frame with some pearls added – maybe a fabric flower in one corner. I know you will make it special!

25. R says:

I would put a small “something”, maybe flower in the top left corner, but that’s all.
    jmho

26. KathyH says:

I love the garland idea for displaying your cards! Really cute and should not damage the cards. I like the framed quote the way it is, and yet, if it is in the same room with your garland of cards….perhaps some flowers or butterflies on the edges of the frame? The fun thing is to try it and if you don’t like it, just redo! Have fun!

27. Tracy says:

The frame and quote are so beautiful, but really don’t scream Joanna (at least in my opinion). It would be so much more ‘you’ with some vintage glam. Maybe some of those great flowers you made in your garland, some ribbon, some pearls… I’m sure it will look incredible when you are sone with it πŸ™‚

28. Heather says:

I see some Timeless Portrait fabric accents (I’m sure you can come up with something clever) in your future… either A (just 1)flat butterfly or flower inside the frame or a cluster of 3D ones on the outside in one corner with some coordinating Cherry Cobbler and black and vanilla ribbon… you could also hang it with the cherry cobbler/white baker’s twine?

29. Gerry says:

The garland is so pretty….think I’ll make one for my granddaughter.
    I think the quote is perfect just the way it is.

30. Paula says:

Such a lovely way to brighten up a room! I might get another frame (a little more colorful) for the quote, but leave it alone otherwise.

31. Yvonne says:

Wow…this is beautiful and how clever too! How refreshing and uplifting it must be to walk into your room and see all of this beauty.
    I am lovin this and I will have to put this on my “Do It” list. Thanks so much for sharing.