DSC_1822 - Copy copy

Hello my sweet blog friends! Happy Monday evening or Tuesday! Smile Today, I have my Mojo Monday sketch, which I love, and a new challenge from Shabby Tea Room to use an embossing technique.

Thank you for stopping by today! You brighten my day when you leave me a comment! I so love hearing from you. Have a beautiful day!

FABULOUS PHRASES, INSPIRED BY STAMPIN'FABULOUS PHRASES, INSPIRED BY STAMPIN'

DSC_1828 - Copy copy

My colors today are Baja Breeze, Rose Red and So Saffron. I love this sketch because you get to use your scrap pieces of paper and yes these are all scrap pieces! LOL!! Vintage Wallpaper Embossing folder was used for the base of my card. I then daubed it with Crumb Cake. TIP: to make your daubing edging softer or lighter, take your dauber with ink and daubed it on scrap paper first. The ink will not be so dark and will give you a softer appearance. I used my folded ribbon technique in Crumb Cake Binding ribbon and stitched across it and then lifted the edges up.

DSC_1823 - Copy copy

My flower was punched out using circle punches of all sizes. For the center, I used a Jumbo Brad and daubed it with More Mustard. Then I adhered a retired SU! pearl to the center of the flower. My leaves come from the Blossoms Petals Punch.

summersupplies12-001

STAMP SET: INK: MORE MUSTARD, CRUMB CAKE, BAJA BREEZE

CARD STOCK: WHISPER WHITE, CRUMB CAKE, BAJA BREEZE, FIRST EDITION DSP, SPRINGTIME VINTAGE DSP, PAWSITIVELY PRINTS II DSP

AWESOME TOOLS: BLOSSOM PETALS PUNCH, 2-1/2” CIRCLE PUNCH, 1-3/4” CIRCLE PUNCH, 1-3/4” CIRCLE PUNCH, SEWING MACHINE, BIG SHOT DIE CUT MACHINE, VINTAGE WALLPAPER EMBOSSING FOLDER, CROP-A-DILE

A TOUCH OF GLAM: NEUTRALS JUMBO BRADS, PEARL (RETIRED), CRUMB CAKE SEAM BINDING RIBBON, PEARL JEWELS

20 thoughts on “Mojo Monday 194 & Shabby Tea Room 47

1. Sue (suen) says:

Beautiful card! I love the DP strip choices and layered flower! The pleated ribbon and embossing are wonderful touches!

2. Kathy M. says:

You are so creative Joanna. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for putting a smile on my face this morning.

3. Barb Tobias says:

Joanne
    I love all the cards you do as I read your blog every day. This one definitely had the vintage feel. Great take on the design sketch. Barb

4. Pat says:

Gorgeous card! I especially love the flower! Do you have to use thin paper or wet it a bit to get it to crumple so nicely? Thanks for inspiring all of us!

5. Debbie Marcinkiewicz says:

So very soft and pretty! Love those papers! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room this week 🙂
    Please be sure to read our rules and LINK back to TSTR in order to be considered for the weekly prizes!

6. Gerry says:

Another very beautiful card. Love the vintage look. I too want to thank you for leaving messages. It’s fun to have “cyber” friends.

7. Ruth says:

Another BEAUTIFUL card! I am always pleasantly surprised when I visit your blog! Thank you for all the “work” you do! Keep it up!

8. Barb in Ontario says:

Hey Joanna! Thanks for leaving me a couple of messages too! Great hearing from you as well. This card is gorgeous….very vintage!
    Your sewing machine is coming in handy! Great job.

9. Paulette says:

Each and every card of yours is a WORK of ART! I’ve dusted off my sewing machine, thanks to Joanna! It’s gonna be a good day!