CREATE A CUPCAKE, FABULOUS PHRASES, INSPIREDBYSTAMPIN'

Hello my sweet blog friends! Happy Friday! My sweet oldest daughter, Tessa, turns 10 in two weeks! Wow, double digits! Where has the years gone?! Faster then a blink of an eye! We are planning her birthday party with 5 giggling girls spending the night next week. She will have a blast! I am sure there will be giggling & talking all through the night! Smile

CREATE A CUPCAKE, FABULOUS PHRASES, INSPIREDBYSTAMPIN'

The retired Sweet Pea DSP and First Edition DSP were used for my colors today. (TIP: Don’t have the retired DSP, just use your color printer and print some from the MDS!! It works great!) Happy Birthday sentiment comes from the Create a Cupcake stamp set. I then stitched around the edges with Crumb Cake string. Yes, I did bring my color coach to the store and matched my string to sew with! HAHA!!! I love Fabulous Phrases and it helped create my “sweet smile” sentiment too.

CREATE A CUPCAKE, FABULOUS PHRASES, INSPIREDBYSTAMPIN'

I painted my scallop circle (Mix & Match OnBoard retiring soon!) with Acrylic White paint and then distressed it with the SU! sanding block. I then used my Circle Scissor Plus to add my layers of Crumb Cake and Whisper White. I stamped my cupcake from Create a Cupcake stamp set, with VersaMark. I then used the new Embossing Colors, Wild Wasabi and Melon Mambo. I cut out each image and added some glam to my cupcake.

CREATE A CUPCAKE, FABULOUS PHRASES, INSPIREDBYSTAMPIN'

summersupplieswithproducts12_2-001

STAMP SET: CREATE A CUPCAKE

INK: EARLY ESPRESSO, WHITE ACRYLIC PAINT

CARD STOCK: WHISPER WHITE, CRUMB CAKE, FIRST EDITION DSP, SWEET PEA DSP (RETIRED), MIX & MATCH BOARD

AWESOME TOOLS: CIRCLE SCISSOR PLUS, SEWING MACHINE, SU! SANDING BLOCK

A TOUCH OF GLAM: WHISPER WHITE SATIN RIBBON, BRIGHTS FLOWER BRAD, PEARL JEWELS, VANILLA 1/8” TAFETTA RIBBON, ANTIQUE BRAD

16 thoughts on “Birthday Wishes for my daughter

1. Jeanie Garrity says:

one of the prettiest cards I’ve ever seen–somehow you manage to remain simple while doing something quite complex–love it! Thank you.
    Jeanie

2. Marge Waskiewicz says:

Joanna, I’m new to your blog, and can’t wait to see what you have done. What a fun card for a 10 year old. Very girly girly…..
    Love the stitching and pearls. Thank you for sharing….

3. Traci S. says:

What a fabulous birthday card! That cupcake looks so delicious…I wonder how many calories are in it?! I love the colors you have used! It is wonderful!
    Hint: Turn on a movie about 11:45 pm and have all of the girls get in their sleeping bags…the only rule is they can only get out or off of their sleeping bed to go to the bathroom…they will usually fall asleep before the movie! I used to do this with preschool sleepovers…only started the movies about 9:45pm! Absolute rule: No going outside even for a minute! That was my biggest fear. Everything went smoothly…girls had a blast…ate everything in sight! Fun for all! I just wanted my attained knowledge.
    He IS Able,
    Traci S.

4. Barb in Ontario says:

Another pretty card Joanna. I love the cupcake stamps and punch! I made a card for my second daughter recently using those accessories as well.

5. Vicki B says:

I’ll bet your daughter will love the card. It is a nice combination of papers and layout. Turning 10 is one of those first milestones. 🙂

6. Pam Giudici says:

What I would give to go back to having my children that age. Adorable card for your sweet daughter! Great accent with the ribbon around the cupcake paper and I love your sprinkles!

7. Ruth says:

Oh, another card I’m going to have to case! I can’t keep up! Love it! She’s a lucky one!

8. Gerry says:

Very cute card. I envy your talent. I look forward to seeing your beautiful creations every day. Enjoy those giggly little girls….they don’t stay little long. We have a granddaughter named Tessa who turns 18 in a couple weeks.

9. Debbie says:

I just love all the cards you make. I never thought of going to the store to match thread. What a neat idea. The detail that you put into each and every card is awesome. Speaking of your daughters age. Enjoy it. Time does go by fast. My babies are 32, 30 and 28. Plus now we have 4 grandkids. Thanks for sharing your card

10. Cathy says:

Love your layout and it is so cute! Talk about time getting away from you – our son turns 30 next month. I am not getting old they are!! 🙂

11. kathy T says:

Absolutely beautiful! Your attention to detail is so inspiring. If you do any papercrafts with the girls at the birthday party you’ll have to share their cute projects:-)