Happy Sunday everyone! Today, I have the reveal of my craft space. It is so small but very efficient. I love it because everything is within reach and I never have to get up to move around. Plus, it forces me to tidy up after each and every card or project before I begin the next one. Well lets have a walk around in my space…

Besides making cards, my second hidden passion is beading. All the drawers hanging on the wall are filled with beads, string, etc for all my beading ideas. All my beads are color coordinated like the rainbow. I keep all my Clear Mount Stamp Sets in Alphabetical order. For easy viewing of my stamps, I have each stamp set image and name in a three ring binder. My wooden stamps are in the closet to the right of my baskets.

All my drawers are labeled. The top drawer is adhesive. The second drawer contains all my embellishments. The third and fourth drawer contains pastels, pencils and crayons. The bigger drawers contains all my daubers, paint and misc. tools.

I bought this shelving unit years and years ago which fits all my old style punches but not the new style. They are all organized by shape, ovals, circles, etc.

This is my custom built bookcase that my hubby made me. It holds my big shot, envelopes, scissors, glue, etc. The larger brown container contains all my SU! fabric. The top large three drawers contain my whisper white card stock, very vanilla card stock and naturals card stock. The bottom three drawers contain all my 12×12  card stock and retired designer series paper.

This basket contains all my current designer series paper from the last year. I have it standing upright and have all the paper in its individual wrapping. On the back of each package, I write the coordinating colors that go with it. I also keep my scrapes with it too.

Looking inside my wicker basket drawers. The top one is for all my embossing & glitter.

The second drawer is all my Stampin’ Up! ribbon that I use.

The third drawer contains all my Big Shot Dies and embossing folders.

Here is all my card stock. I have it all in hanging files that has wheels. So that I can pull it out when I need it. It sits under my craft table when I am not using it. It is pretty full at the moment because I just purchased a bunch of card stock. Smile

Here is what each color card stock looks like in a manila folder.

Inside each manila folder, I have a little bag for all my scrap paper. I save every piece of scrap and it is amazing how you use it all too.

Well there it is, my craft space. Please, please let me know what you think! I would love to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!

24 thoughts on “My Little Craft Space…

I just moved to a new city, new apartment last week and reorganized my stamp space. You use many of the same ideas I use. Isn’t it nice to have your own space? Yours is great!

2. Traci S. says:

Hi~
    Thank you so much for showing us your craft area! I knew you were well organized. I have everything labeled,also. I put a dab of each color of paint on the jars, and glitter on the tops of the containers…anything in a container…I put a sample on top. Lots of prescription bottles with no labels with different sequences, colored gems, pearls in each. Samples on top saves me so much time.
    I love the way you put the scraps directly into the bag in the coordinating manila folder! I have 4 boxes for scraps…on the floor…any piece 1″x1″ is big enough for me…solids…floral…dp…masculine…and then an open round basket with about A2 size cards folded in each color of cs. There are 5-8 of each color ready to grab!
    Your way is much better! Do you break nails pulling out little pieces when the cabinet is full? How do you get the paper to stand up in the box on the floor?? It is 12×12 and doesn’t curl over? Am I correct? Thanks again!
    He IS Able,
    Traci S.

3. Elaine Uhl says:

I really like the idea of attaching a bag inside your CS folder. I use hanging files too, but all my scraps under 1/4 of a sheet go in a basket. It gets confusing what colors are what… but I often reach for my scrap basket to “practice” a technique. Hmm.. I’ll have to give this some thought!! THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing photos.
    You can see photos of my craft room on my blog. I posted them a few months ago. 🙂

4. Sandra Conner says:

Thanks for sharing! You have everything right at your fingertips, which is really helpful. My craftroom starts out organized but after the tornado of creativity it ends up such a mess. You have used a different mix of storage items that has me looking around my house for unused storage items that I can start to use in the craft room. Love your space

5. Joanna says:

Hi Everyone!!! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! Yes, I was pretty nervous putting up my craft space. It is definitely nothing fancy like the ones that you see on-line. I would love to have cabinets, counters & things but just can’t afford it. A girl can still dream! 🙂 I had a few questions and I would love to answer them… I would love to show you my closet with my wooden stamps. My movie tutorials do sit behind me on a tripod. My photo box is in the laundry room on the counter. 🙂 Of course, I would love to post some of my beading projects. Thank you again for all your lovely comments. They mean so much to me! Hugs, Joanna

6. Wanda says:

Great Space. Very efficient. I too use hanging folders in a lateral file cabinet for my cardstock & have a large ziplock bag in each hanging folder for scraps. Your punch storage seems very efficient. I have my old style punches on rails behind the door. I think I would use them more if they were handy like yours are. Thanks for sharing.

7. Susie Smith says:

Joanna, thank you for sharing. You have done an incredible job organizing your craft space. Everyday I look forward to seeing your beautiful cards. Thank you for brightening my day!

8. Lydia says:

Joanna, I forget how I found your blog (maybe Splitcoaststampers)but am so glad I did. You do beautiful work on your cards.
    Thanks for posting your craft space. I’m doing the organizing right now and it is taking forever!!! That is mainly because I have over 30 years of stuff : )
    I’ll pass this on to my friend whose husband is making her a room and she will be needing ideas as to where to put her supplies.
    Thanks for sharing your work.

9. Gerry says:

Thanks for sharing your space Joanna. I knew you had to be super organized. I have a whole room for my workspace & “toys” but it’s not as organized as your smaller space. Would you consider sharing some of your beading projects some time? I’m sure they are as beautiful as your card creations. You are very talented (not to mention organized)and a great inspiration. Always look forward to your blogs.

10. Lisa O. says:

Thanks for sharing your stamping space! It is so helpful to see how others store their supplies. I too have a small crafting area. My main passion is scrapbooking (I do not use stamps for this…too many options and I would never get pages done!!). But I also love stamping and all of this is in a small space just a bit bigger than yours. So I have some new ideas about how to better use that space. Thanks!

11. TXJennyWren says:

I LOVE your space and how you have each and every thing in its own special spot. Small is good because like you said, it forces us to stay organized and neat. With everything at your fingertips, I imagine you get a lot of creative time.

12. Linda Warren says:

Joanna,
    This is wonderful! Thanks for sharing. I have next to no space that is dedicated, but you have shown me how to do so much with a great organization philosophy. Great job. Love it and it inspires me to get the creative juices flowing to become more creative.
    I am a newbie, but thought the lack of dedicated space was holding me back, well I must revisit my situation.
    Linda Warren

13. Nancy B says:

Your space is beautiful, which means you are also disciplined. I would love a peak into the cabinet(s) that store your wood mounted stamp sets — my biggest challenge!

14. Pinky says:

I subscribe to your blog, but have never commented, but I felt compelled to do so today! I have a very small stamping space as well (I also scrap) in my guest bedroom and you have given me some great ideas. Thanks and I love your style of stamping and creating!

15. Ginger says:

You have inspired me to get my space organized. I love the idea of a bag in the manila folder for scraps because I keep mine with the paper too but it gets cumbersome.

16. Peggy Maier says:

Great space – although it may be small, it has everything you need & cleanup looks like it would be a lot easier!

17. Maria says:

I loved the sneak peak into your private world. Awesome creations are made there! We all love your style, Joanna! I, too, love seeing how organized you are and how you store your paper and scraps…that’s my biggest challenge in setting up my space. Now, i see how simple it can be. Love the scrap envelope idea. I save all of my scraps too! I just never have figured out the best way to do it. TFS!!

18. Barb in Ontario says:

You are very organized! I too like how you have organized your cardstock! I think I might try your way. I wish my craft room looked as tidy as your does. Thanks for letting us take a peek!

19. Debbie says:

Thanks for sharing. Boy are you organized. Love the folder for each card stock and the bag for your scraps. Thank you so much for sharing. You have a lovely craft room.

20. Sue A says:

Joanna,
    Thank you for sharing your stamping space with us! I love to look at people’s craft spaces. You are so well organized, that it blows me away. The way that you cluster things together (like coloring tools, embellishments, etc) is how I start out, but I never seem to finish through like you.
    Thanks for the inspiration!

21. Patricia Willey says:

What a Sweet Pea showing us your craft space! It’s such a personal thing to share! I figured your were super organized enough to be able to post to your blog daily!
    One thing I would like to see is your video camera tutorial set up location, and your photo box. My guess is it’s right there at the desk.
    Thank you for your awesome daily postings! You are one of my top inspirations!

22. Barbara in SC says:

Hi Joanna, you really are organized in your craft space! I especially like your card stock in manila folders with the bag for scraps right inside! Thanks for letting us take a peek at your work space. I love checking out your blog because your work is very inspiring to me. In fact, I made my MIL’s Mother’s Day card after seeing your simple flower repeat in yesterday’s blog post. Changed up the colors and ribbon but I’m pleased with the results. Thanks again for all the inspiration! (PS Wish I could get my Build A Bloom flower to lay as flat and smooth as yours appears to be!)
    Hugs,