Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals June hop! This month, we’re bidding a “Fond Farewell” to some of our old friends, the 30 retiring colors of Stampin’ Up!’s Color Renovation! I have a great project to share for you and one card. This is a large post so make sure you scroll all the way through and check out the blog candy! Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
Inspired by Stampin’ Tips:
- These were so much fun to make! They are sitting on my dining room table and I have gotten wonderful comments on them from friends and family. They are truly very easy to make.
- I found a pattern online to individually cut and score each circle but after doing the research, I found that Stampin’ Up offers a die cut like this…..THE CIRCLE 3D ORNAMENT BIGZ DIE! I was so excited when I found this delightful die cut for the amazing Big Shot! It made making these so easy! All you need is lots of glue, paper clips and paper!
- I used retired paper and some of the retired Welcome Neighbor Designer Paper from the past Sale-A-Bration Sale.
- I had a great helper, my daughter, who ran the Big Shot for the bigz die cuts. All you need is 16 circles to make one ball or a run through the big shot with the ornament die 4 times.
What you need is…
Big Shot Die-Cut Machine (113439), Circle 3D Ornament Bigz Die (113472), Stampin’ Up Card Stock , Craft Glue.
Inspired by Stampin’ Tips:
- A little touch of new and a touch of old in this card for you!
- Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip Patterns Designer Series Paper were my three colors choices for this card.
- Do you remember this stamp set in April? You will find it in the new 2010 catalog, Awash With Flowers. Yeah!!
- Scallop Edge Punch was used along the border of my DSP. I love these punches and are so excited that they are in the new catalog! You will love the new catalog! It is fantastic!
- After stamping with my Awash with Flowers, I used Stampin’ Up Markers to color in the flowers.
- I then placed a Rhinestone Brad on the center of each flower.
- Watercolor Trio Stamp was used for my “Birthday Wishes” Sentiment. Don’t forget to use your SAMJ for precise straight alignment.
- Pretty in Pink Satin Ribbon was used for my touch of Glam.
Stamp Sets: Awash with Flowers (120054 but not till July :)) Watercolor Trio (117054WM, 120084CM)
Ink: Chocolate Chip(100908), Basic Black (101179)
Card Stock: Whisper White (100730), Pretty in Pink (100459), Chocolate Chip Patterns DSP (112164)
Awesome Tools: Scallop Edge Punch (112091)
A Touch of Glam: Pretty in Pink 5/8″ Satin Ribbon (117289), Circle Fire Rhinestone Brads (109110), Circle Ice Rhinestone Brads (109111)
For your chance to win all the above goodies, please leave me a comment at the end of this post by 3:00 PM CST, Friday, June 11th, at which time I’ll choose a random winner. Shipping to US only. What is your favorite Stampin’ Up! tool or accessory and why? I’ll go first: The Big Shot!!!! Why? Because it is SO versatile and you can make some of the most beautiful creations from this amazing tool!