Happy Thursday! I woke up yesterday with some very exciting news! I got a PPA badge for being artist pick of the week! Thank you so much PPA for picking me. I am truly honored and am so excited to receive this badge. It made me smile all day and I told everyone about it that would listen! HAHA! Check out my new badge on the right side of my blog page. 🙂
Today's PPA challenge from Linda C. is all about being inspired and today I thought I would use Stampin' Up! stencils for my card. This was my first try and I love the way it turned out!
Thanks again for choosing me for artist pick of the week and thanks for stopping by! Have a beautiful day!
Inspired by Stampin' Tips:
- Today I took the olive, light yellow, and the flowers from this photo for my card design. Doesn't this photo make you want to just jump onto that hammock! Oh those relaxing summer days are actually here!
- My three color choices today are Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry and So Saffron.
- First, cut your card stock a little bigger than actual size and then once finished then trim to size (it allows you to cut away the mistakes :)).
- Make sure you have scrap paper underneath your whisper white card stock, just in case you get ink on your desktop.
- I very carefully used some tape to tape the stencil to the scrap paper so that it would not move around with my card stock underneath. The tricky part is to keep your card stock and stencil from moving.
- I took a sponge and dabbed it on top of my ink pad. You can determine how much ink you wanted to use on the sponge by how many times you dabbed the sponge into the ink pad. I found that you can control the intensity of color this way.
- After stenciling with the all the colors, very slowly pull off the tape.
- I used my Define Your Life Stamp Set for my sentiment and punched it out using my wide oval punch.
- For my touch of glam, I used old olive grosgrain ribbon and a little vanilla ribbon slider.
Stamp Sets: Define Your Life (114950)
Inks: Rich Razzleberry (115658), Old Olive (102277), So Saffron (105114)
Card Stock: Whisper White (100730), Rich Razzleberry (115316), Old Olive (100702)
Awesome Tools: Folk Flowers Decor Stencils (118139), Stampin' Sponges (101610), Wide Oval Punch (112082)
A Touch of Glam: Old Olive 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (111369), Hodgepodge Vanilla Hardware (112454)