Get ready for a new tutorial! Today, I am sharing a video tutorial on how to make a burlap flower for your card.
But first, this week’s blog prize is a beautiful mix of Inspired by Stamping Birthday collection. We’re giving away a sample of our Birthday Bash paper, Birthday Greetings, Big Wishes, Big Wishes II, Crochet Trim and 2 packages of IBS flowers. That’s a $45 value! Just leave a comment on Facebook or our blog here this week for your chance to win this gorgeous prize! A random winner will be announced on Monday’s blog! Stay tuned to see if you won!
Burlap flowers are the perfect way to add shabby chic charm to your beautiful cards. They are so quick and easy to make and there are so many beautiful colors of burlap/heshan too for even more options with your flowers. We hope you enjoy today’s video tutorial on how I make burlap flowers.
I found these burlap flowers so fun to make! I just know that you will love them too. Simple and quick too. After making these flowers, I just knew they would look beautiful with our Vintage Digital Paper and Creative Tags stamp set.
I started out with my layers for my card. Sometimes to get my Mojo started I look at past sketches on Pinterest. It always seems to jump start my creativity when I have been away from crafting for a while. Today’s card is from an old PPA sketch. I found this light yellow pom pom ribbon and added it just below my IBS White seam binding ribbon.
TIP: To give your ribbon a distress look, simply daub a sponge or dauber in distress ink and gently brush the edges as you do paper. It adds just a touch more shabbiness to your cards.
I punched out two green leaves from an old SU! punch that I had back in the days. I then folded it in half and distressed the edges again. Our Creative Tags stamp set looks so good on peeking underneath the burlap flower.
We hope that you have enjoyed today’s tutorial and card and get inspired to create your own burlap flower this week! I really enjoyed sharing this project with you! Enjoy your day! We will be back tomorrow with another great post filled with crafting inspiration!
If you are joining along this week, here are all the details…
* Create a project, layout or card using a burlap flower! Do you have a burlap flower tutorial that you love and is a bit different? Share it with us! We love seeing new creations!*
* Please upload your card/project to your blog or online gallery. Leave a link to your project using the linky widget at the bottom of this post. When uploading to online galleries please add WHW #125 to your post.
* To be eligible for this week’s blog candy prize we ask that you link back to our challenge.
* Don’t have a blog or online gallery? That’s o.k. we’d still love for you to join us! Please email me your project at firstname.lastname@example.org And I will add your project to the contest!
* DEADLINE: December 18th, 2pm AEST (Brisbane, Australia) or 10:59pm December 17thEST
* At this time ALL products (stamps, paper, dies) are welcomed with our challenge. You do not have to incorporate an IBS stamp set, die, ribbon or flowers.
* One winner will be randomly chosen & will be featured on our blog.
*You may enter as many times as you wish, but please only enter newly created projects for
* PLEASE REMEMBER…If you do create a card using IBS products, your card may be featured on our Facebook Page & Pinned to our “Inspiring Designs by Customers” Board.
Stamp Sets: Creative Tags
Paper: White and Kraft Card Stock, Vintage Digital Paper
Embellishments: PomPom trim, IBS White Seam Binding Ribbon, Burlap, twine, button