Welcome to a new WHW! Today, Leah, from Paper Blossoms is sharing with us a wonderful technique on how to make Faux Silk! You are going to love this simple yet amazing technique! We are so excited to see your beautiful cards using Faux Silk below! Hugs, Joanna
by Leah Cornelius
Hello crafty friends! I have a fun technique to share with you today that is very simple but adds a lot of fun texture and interest to your cards and projects called Faux Silk. Let’s gather our supplies and get started!
What you need is:
*Patterned paper of choice; I am using the Vintage Digital Paper Pack
*Distress Ink of choice
*White tissue paper (I’m sure other colors would work as well!)
*Glue Stick (I found this to work the best with the least mess and quick dry time. I just stole one from my kids;)
The first step is to cut a piece of tissue paper a bit bigger than the piece of pattern paper you are going to use. Then add as much or as little distress ink as you’d like to the tissue paper.
After you’ve added distress ink to the tissue paper ball it up! You may want to ball it up, flatten it out and ball it up again so that you get lots of nice creases and wrinkles. You don’t want to smooth it out too much as that’s what is going to give you all the lovely texture. After you’re happy with all the wrinkles coat your pattern paper with the glue stick.
When adhering your tissue paper again be sure not to smooth out the wrinkles too much as you want it to have texture. Once it’s nicely adhered simply trim off the excess tissue paper and make a project!
I love the softness this technique gives to the pattern paper, similar to vellum but with a lot more depth and texture. For my card I used more Vintage digital paper, Vintage digital printables, Vintage Pieces stamp set and Delicate Doilies II stamp set. I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and will join in by creating something, I’d love to come see what you make! Have a blessed day 🙂
If you are joining along this week, here are all the details…
* Create a project, layout or card using the above technique!*
* Please upload your card/project to your blog or online gallery. Leave a link to your project using the linky widget at the bottom of this post. When uploading to online galleries please add WHW #123 to your post.
* To be eligible for this week’s prize we ask that you link back to our challenge.
* Don’t have a blog or online gallery? That’s o.k. we’d still love for you to join us! Please email me your project at email@example.com And I will add your project to the contest!
* DEADLINE: November 20th, 2pm AEST (Brisbane, Australia) or 11:59pm November 19th EST
* At this time ALL products (stamps, paper, dies) are welcomed with our challenge. You do not have to incorporate an IBS stamp set, die, ribbon or flowers.
* One winner will be randomly chosen & will be featured on our blog.
*You may enter as many times as you wish, but please only enter newly created projects for submission (no back-dated projects that have been previously posted on your blog).
The Winner will receive a 4×4 stamp set of their choice from the Inspired by Stamping Store!
* PLEASE REMEMBER…If you do create a card using IBS products, your card may be featured on our Facebook Page & Pinned to our “Inspiring Designs by Customers” Board.
Good luck to everyone! We are so excited to see your creations!