A quick and fun way to dress up any card with today’s tutorial by Shea Marshall, from Glitter and Bonbons. This tutorial will last for 2 weeks. We hope you join us! Hugs, Joanna
by Shea Marshall
Today I’d like to share one of my favorite ways to add a little something extra to a card or paper project. Do you ever assemble the components and think something’s missing but you’re not sure what it is? Gold embossing powder to the rescue!
1) You’ll need Versamark, gold embossing powder and the item you want to dress up.
2) Roll the edges of the shape in Versamark.
3) Pour a line of gold embossing powder onto a folded piece of paper. (This will help return it to the container after use. Ignore the stamped image, it’s an old piece of paper!)
4) Dip the edges of the paper shape into the powder. Heat set.
5) Voila! A little bit of extra glam for a pretty finishing touch! I couldn’t resist and embossed the edge of the base layer as well. Try it with silver!
Stamp set: All Year Wishes I
Die: Fancy Labels I
If you are joining along this week, here are all the details…
* Create a project, layout or card using the above technique!*
* Please upload your card/project to your blog or online gallery. Leave a link to your project using the linky widget at the bottom of this post. When uploading to online galleries please add WHW #121 to your post.
* To be eligible for this week’s prize we ask that you link back to our challenge.
* Don’t have a blog or online gallery? That’s o.k. we’d still love for you to join us! Please email me your project at email@example.com And I will add your project to the contest!
* DEADLINE: November 5th, 2pm AEST (Brisbane, Australia) or 11:59pm November 4th EST
* At this time ALL products (stamps, paper, dies) are welcomed with our challenge. You do not have to incorporate an IBS stamp set, die, ribbon or flowers.
* One winner will be randomly chosen & will be featured on our blog.
*You may enter as many times as you wish, but please only enter newly created projects for submission (no back-dated projects that have been previously posted on your blog).
The Winner will receive a 4×4 stamp set of their choice from the Inspired by Stamping Store!
* PLEASE REMEMBER…If you do create a card using IBS products, your card may be featured on our Facebook Page & Pinned to our “Inspiring Designs by Customers” Board.
Good luck to everyone! We are so excited to see your creations!