It’s tutorial time! Today, our talented designer Leah, from Paper Blossoms, is showing us a great tip on how to double emboss! Hugs, Joanna
Double Heat Embossing
By Leah Cornelius
Hello crafty friends! For today’s WHW Tutorial I’m going to be sharing with you the fun and easy technique of double heat embossing. Let’s get started!
First gather all your supplies. You will need:
*Stamp sets of choice, solid images work best for this technqiue.
I’m going to be using Happy Fall and Background Basics Lines
*Versa Mark Ink
*Two colors of embossing powder, contrasting colors are best
I’m going to be layering two of the line designs, each embossed in a different color. I find starting with your boldest image first and layering your finer one on top works best. To stamp the lines across my whole panel I stamp in Versamark and then cover it in embossing powder so I can clearly see where to stamp my next line. Above shows two stamped and embossing powder covered lines before they are heated. Continue until the entire panel is covered.
After you cover your panel heat to emboss. I hold my paper with tweezers as it can get pretty hot to hold. Allow to cool and now we are ready for the double embossing step.
Simply stamp your second layer in Versamark ink right on top of your embossed image, sprinkle with powder and continue until the panel is filled.
After heat embossing for the second time you will get a lovely layered look and can now make a card or project! When embossing an entire panel as I did the cardstock will warp some, but after it is cooled just gently bend it into shape and use a bit more adhesive to keep it laying flat.
I hope you enjoyed today’s tutorial! Please play along and show us your double embossed creations. We can’t wait to see what you create! Have a blessed day.
If you are joining along this week, here are all the details…
* Create a project, layout or card using the above technique!*
* Please upload your card/project to your blog or online gallery. Leave a link to your project using the linky widget at the bottom of this post. When uploading to online galleries please add WHW #118 to your post.
* To be eligible for this week’s prize we ask that you link back to our challenge.
* Don’t have a blog or online gallery? That’s o.k. we’d still love for you to join us! Please email me your project at email@example.com And I will add your project to the contest!
* DEADLINE: October 2nd, 2pm AEST (Brisbane, Australia) or 11:59pm October 1st EST
* At this time ALL products (stamps, paper, dies) are welcomed with our challenge. You do not have to incorporate an IBS stamp set, die, ribbon or flowers.
* One winner will be randomly chosen & will be featured on our blog.
*You may enter as many times as you wish, but please only enter newly created projects for submission (no back-dated projects that have been previously posted on your blog).
The Winner will receive a 4×4 stamp set of their choice from the Inspired by Stamping Store!
* PLEASE REMEMBER…If you do create a card using IBS products, your card may be featured on our Facebook Page & Pinned to our “Inspiring Designs by Customers” Board.
Good luck to everyone! We are so excited to see your creations!