Welcome to a new WHW Tutorial! Today, our talented designer Shea, from Glitter and Bonbons is sharing with a great technique! Plus, this week our tutorial will last for 2 weeks! Enjoy! Hugs, Joanna
Tutorial on Ghosting
by Shea Marshall
This is a technique which will never look the same twice and allows for all manner of creativity with colors!
1) Assemble your supplies, including your choice of water-based spray inks. They are marvelously deep and rich, even the light colors. (Be warned, your hands WILL be inky when you are finished.) You will also need watercolor paper, a roll of paper towels, stamps (simple line images are best), and a homemade water inkpad made with folded very damp paper towels.
2) Spray inks until watercolor paper is very wet. Allow to run if desired.
3) Roll paper towel roll over paper to instantly blot.
4) Press desired stamp(s) onto wet paper towel inkpad.
5) Press stamp, I’ve used Summer Flowers from Inspired by Stamping, onto still damp colored paper, pressing hard and jiggling back and forth very slightly. The objective is to get as much water from the stamp onto the colored paper.
6) Leave to dry (or speed along with a heat tool). As the water dries, the image(s) will appear. The longer the water sets, the lighter the image.
7) Ready to use
8) Assemble card.
Because this technique is so colorful and unique, it’s unnecessary to add a lot of embellishments to the card. CAS works well here.
If you are joining along this week, here are all the details…
* Create a project, layout or card using the above technique!*
* Please upload your card/project to your blog or online gallery. Leave a link to your project using the linky widget at the bottom of this post. When uploading to online galleries please add WHW #116 to your post.
* To be eligible for this week’s prize we ask that you link back to our challenge.
* Don’t have a blog or online gallery? That’s o.k. we’d still love for you to join us! Please email me your project at firstname.lastname@example.org And I will add your project to the contest!
* DEADLINE: September 18th, 2pm AEST (Brisbane, Australia) or 11:59pm September 17th EST
* At this time ALL products (stamps, paper, dies) are welcomed with our challenge. You do not have to incorporate an IBS stamp set, die, ribbon or flowers.
* One winner will be randomly chosen & will be featured on our blog.
*You may enter as many times as you wish, but please only enter newly created projects for submission (no back-dated projects that have been previously posted on your blog).
The Winner will receive a 4×4 stamp set of their choice from the Inspired by Stamping Store!
* PLEASE REMEMBER…If you do create a card using IBS products, your card may be featured on our Facebook Page & Pinned to our “Inspiring Designs by Customers” Board.
Good luck to everyone! We are so excited to see your creations!
UPDATED FOR WINNER!