Hello crafty friends! Today, Irit is featuring a new tutorial challenge! Enjoy! Joanna
Parchment craft is very popular in Europe, but also very expensive (tools and templates mostly) and you need to take classes to get some good results. But if you are a stamper with just a few primary supplies, you can make your Faux parchment crafts and it looks just alike, even gorgeous.
So today I am going to show you a simple and yet effective Faux parchment technique.
Good stamp set with big and fancy images; snowflakes, big flowers, big doilies- anything big and pretty much circular will do the job. For my tutorial I picked the most gorgeous IBS Doilies set and I will work with a couple of larger doilies on my project.
White pigmented ink- any company will do, but make sure it’s pigmented and not die, dry or solvent one.
White embossing powder
And for the card you need solid cardstock, brads or buttons, smallest possible rhinestones and some ribbon for a finishing touch.
Step by step instructions:
1. Stamp a random selection of doilies over the solid cardstock with white pigmented ink. It’s also possible to work with Clear embossing inks, but after a dozens of tries, I finally found that white over white (ink and powder) gives the best results. Add white embossing powder and heat emboss it. Trim to a card size you want to use; I used a scalloped card making die to make it pretty.
2. Stamp big doilies with white ink over the vellum and several times. Add white embossing powder, heat emboss them all.
3. Cut the vellum embossed shapes and arrange some 3d “Doilies flowers” with a big vintage button. Try to stay in this monochromatic “mood” of blues (this was my mood as I was kind of a “blue”)
4. Make a card base (again, I used a die to cut it the size to fit the scalloped die cut); this time I used a very old and forgotten handmade paper. Trim the ribbon, add some pins if you wish and your “faux parchment” card is done.
If you are joining along this week, here are all the details…
* Create a card or project on your blog sharing with us the above tutorial!*
* Please upload your card/project to your blog or online gallery. Leave a link to your project using the linky widget at the bottom of this post. When uploading to online galleries please add WHW #109 to your post.
* To be eligible for this week’s prize we ask that you link back to our challenge.
* Don’t have a blog or online gallery? That’s o.k. we’d still love for you to join us! Please email me your project at email@example.com And I will add your project to the contest!
* DEADLINE: July 17th, 2pm AEST (Brisbane, Australia) or 11:59pm July 16th EST
* At this time ALL products (stamps, paper, dies) are welcomed with our challenge. You do not have to incorporate an IBS stamp set, die, ribbon or flowers.
* One winner will be randomly chosen & will be featured on our blog.
*You may enter as many times as you wish, but please only enter newly created projects for submission (no back-dated projects that have been previously posted on your blog).
The Winner will receive a 4×4 stamp set of their choice from the Inspired by Stamping Store!
* PLEASE REMEMBER…If you do create a card using IBS products, your card may be featured on our Facebook Page & Pinned to our “Inspiring Designs by Customers” Board.
Good luck to everyone! We are so excited to see your creations!