Inspired by Stamping May tutorial
by Irit Shalom
Circled Swing card
My new tutorial today is my own twist of the well known rectangular swing card and I think it’s pretty new kind of a multi folds card (also you never can be sure).
So here we go:
Step 1: Cut a piece of a basic cardstock into 5.75*6.25 ”
Step 2: Make pencil lines on the back of your card as shown: the first one is 2.75” from the edge and the second is 4.25” from the edge; each one should be 1.25”
Long. Then add same lines on the bottom part of your card, but make them 1.75” long. Score all 4 lines and don’t fold yet.
Step 3: Using any possible circle cutter cut the circle on the card front, but don’t cut the upper and bottom piece in between scored lines. Now your basic card is done.
Step 4: Cut 2 circles a bit smaller then your partial main circle used any solid cardstock you want. I used Kraft one. Stamp your Paris clock stamp on one of the circles and glue it in the middle. Stamp Paris and Love sentiments as shown: vertically as after we fold the card it’s the only possible way to see them and glue the second circle on the back side of your card. As my card was made for a tutorial you can see the pencil lines on the back, but you should erase them if your card is for use.
Step 5: Cut your embellishment papers from any lovely patterned paper. I used patterned Kraft cardstock and then make some partial circles with your circle cutter to fit the card. Glue the pieces as shown and ink all edges.
Step 6: Embellish the card front as you wish: I added some metal pieces, a bit a fancy ribbon and a pin and glued some blue rhinestones around the outer circle.
Don’t embellish the second half as it makes the card closure not possible.
Step 7: Fold the left scored line back (mountain fold). Then fold the right scored line to the front. Now you can see Love word and your sentiment.
Unfold the card and swing the Paris+Love circle and now you can see Paris sentiment on the front.
Now open the card and you can see the whole clock stamped image.
Enjoy your project!
Here are all the details…
* Create a card or project on your blog sharing with us a different type of card layout or use Irit’s tutorial and create a swing card!
* Please upload your card/project to your blog or online gallery. Leave a link to your project using the linky widget at the bottom of this post. When uploading to online galleries please add WHW #102 to your post.
* Don’t have a blog or online gallery? That’s o.k. we’d still love for you to join us! Please email me your project at email@example.com And I will add your project to the contest!
* DEADLINE: May 29th, 2pm Brisbane time or 11:59pm May 28 EST
* At this time ALL products (stamps, paper, dies) are welcomed with our challenge. You do not have to incorporate an IBS stamp set, die, ribbon or flowers.
* One lucky winner will be randomly chosen & will be featured on my blog.
The winner will receive a $15 gift card.
* PLEASE REMEMBER…If you do create a card using IBS products, your card may be featured on our Facebook Page & Pinned to our “Inspiring Designs by Customers” Board.
Good luck to everyone! We are so excited to see your creations!